Jason Momoa is 'Conan the Barbarian'
And now for something completely different: Conan the Musical.

It's not bad, actually.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
I chose to see Harry Potter again rather than check out a new movie. Sorry, Jason.
I saw this a few days ago (in 2D). It's a complete B Movie but a very enjoyable one. Nowhere near as good as the 1982 version (and probably worse than Destroyer too) but I've seen much, much worse.
Xev, Xev of B3K, join us in our song!
After all, a thousand years isn't very long!
I've decided to wait for Momoa's "Conan" to come out on cable. Maybe I'll buy the DvD but I'm not sure.
Interestingly, from the previews I saw, and the press above, it looks like they spent a decent amount of $$ on it, presumably to go 3-d and to add a cgi-cast of thousands and panoramic cgi-scenery, so it's not the made-in-the-Balkans quickie that it might have initially been intended as....but as Zagor points out, perhaps the basic script remained in that vein.

There's probably a happy medium somewhere, when a certain amount for $$ for sfx and re-writes, re-shoots and re-edits will benefit a B-movie and upgrade it into an A movie...before it becomes top-heavy and costs more than it can possibly recoup at the box-office.

But then some of that is ultimately the luck of the draw, depending on the inherent talent of the creative people.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jason Momoa to star in "Minecraft" Michael 0 87 May 9th, 2022, 01:42 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Video: The "Dagoth" theme from "Conan the Destroyer" Michael 2 782 July 18th, 2019, 11:05 AM
Last Post: Agaricus
  Jason Momoa answers fan questions about "Conan the Barbarian" Michael 0 448 July 16th, 2011, 10:54 PM
  Trailer for "Conan the Barbarian" film starring Jason Momoa Michael 1 509 July 16th, 2011, 10:49 PM
  Conan the barbarian and the girl with the dragon tatoo badlands 1 592 March 21st, 2011, 02:32 AM
  Shockya blog publishes set pictures from "Conan" movie Michael 10 793 July 2nd, 2010, 10:15 AM
Last Post: RobRoy
  Jason question Nimruzir 12 851 March 22nd, 2004, 09:03 PM
Last Post: ThePharoah
  Freddy vs Jason vs Ash? Mirage 19 1,856 October 15th, 2003, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Mirage
  freddy vs. jason skabam 3 2,294 September 10th, 2003, 06:16 PM
Last Post: PulpClub182
  Freddy VS Jason, who will win? Ghost 16 1,185 August 24th, 2003, 05:54 PM
Last Post: Boomstick