Oscar nominee Keisha Castle-Hughes to guest on LOTS ("Creator," # 2.15)
"Legend of the Seeker" keeps lining up notable guest stars: New Zealand native Keisha Castle-Hughes, who was nominated for an Academy Award for her performance in the 2002 film "Whale Rider" will make an appearance on the show.

This piece at News Blaze reads a bit like a press release, but they don't cite their source. Other sources are reporting it, too, so I'm guessing it's on the level.
I adore her and am really looking forward to this. :clap:

Quote: Castle-Hughes, who begins filming the episode in her native New Zealand this week, will portray a beautiful and powerful young woman claiming to be the Creator, the living embodiment of a God.

Hmmm......so in her first major film, she played the seeming reincarnation of a mythical god-king who was heard by the equivalent of her people's gods.... and in her second major film, she played the Virgin Mary, who gave birth to the eartly incarnation of her people's God.... and now she's going to play the living embodiment of a God.

Well, if one is type-cast, I guess that's not a bad type to be cast as! :laugh:
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
The almighty Kiwi? :laugh:

I haven't seen any of her work yet, but hopefully this will get a little publicity for the show.
Well she fell off the radar pretty soon after her Oscar nomination (intentionally - after briefly embracing her new celebrity, she realized it was much more fun being a teenager) then turned back up playing the Virgin Mary, but a) the movie wasn't a box office smash, and b) her performance was eclipsed by the news that sxhe herself was an unwed teen mother, and it wasn't immaculate conception either. Wink And then she disappeared again, although she has had supporting roles in three other NZ films since then.

She's just amazingly talented, although it may all be instinct. i.e no clue how she would do playing a character role, or doing Shakespeare or whatever.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
I loved her in Whale Rider and The Nativity Story. Look forward to seeing her in this.
Hope, D`Argo.... I have HOPE. John

Too many stories are nothing more than connected vignettes of codified symbols used to tell the audience where the plot currently stands like some sort of checklist Mirage
This ep is called "Creator," and will air the weekend of March 27th.

From YouTube
SF-Fandom not responsible for video content

SF-Fandom reserves the right to remove inappropriate video content from its discussions. YouTube may remove the video from its service without notification.
Saw this episode yesterday. Not bad for a clip show, and plenty of Darken Rahl goodness though personally I found the conclusion pretty limp.
Xev, Xev of B3K, join us in our song!
After all, a thousand years isn't very long!
I think the conclusion was meant to achieve several things:

First, it had to show the girl was not really the Creator Incarnate. The audience learned how she got her powers from the Sisters of the Light but expending all her power to close the rift proved once and for all she was not the Creator.

Second, it demonstrated just how difficult it really is to close a rift. It took ALL the power of the Sisters of the Light to do that.

Third, it effectively removed what could have been a troublesome character (although I suppose with a little rest she could come back in the third season ...).
Well I don't think it was completely conclusive that she was not the Creator though it seems unlikely she was. I would have preferred if it was kept more mysterious though as to how she got her powers.

I could see her being an interesting rival for Sister Niki if we get a 3rd Season.
Xev, Xev of B3K, join us in our song!
After all, a thousand years isn't very long!
The books and the show do seem to have an awful lot of interweaved plots from various factions. Goodkind has done a good job of setting up conflicting interests from different groups, and they seem to be faithful to that in the show.

I'm sort of reminded of C.J. Cherryh's Downbelow Station and related books, where you never seem to know who is on whose side.
Rerunning the weekend of 9/11.
Boomstick Wrote:The almighty Kiwi? :laugh:

I haven't seen any of her work yet, but hopefully this will get a little publicity for the show.

Well, you know something big is brewing when the kiwis and Maoris appear.:laugh:

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vicky Pratt - upcoming guest roles on TV august 52 8,668 November 15th, 2011, 02:15 AM
Last Post: august
  Gina Torres - upcoming guest roles on TV august 69 12,244 July 6th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Last Post: august
  Video: LOTS fandom's "Pass it On ..." best of video Michael 0 988 November 24th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Last Post: Michael
  LOTS Video mailing project Michael 0 741 November 21st, 2010, 11:33 PM
  Operation LOTS More to commence next week Michael 2 872 August 23rd, 2010, 10:13 AM
Last Post: RobRoy
  LOTS Video Team launches new project Michael 0 736 June 18th, 2010, 11:21 AM
  John Rhys-Davies to appear on LOTS (2.17, "Vengeance") Michael 10 1,560 June 16th, 2010, 11:06 AM
  LOTS series finale part 2 gemini0521 5 1,186 June 14th, 2010, 02:46 PM
  Message from the LOTS Video Team Michael 0 746 June 7th, 2010, 01:30 AM
  LotS 2.18, "Walter" - spoilers august 2 599 June 1st, 2010, 04:37 AM
Last Post: Zagor