GaFilk 12
I will be at GaFilk in Atlanta, Ga Jan 8-10, 2010. Anyone want to drop by and say hi? We could talk "Norton" and I could give you the lyrics to my song about Andre. Yes, Jerrrie, we can do lunch. Later Kind folks--PaulWink

ps. It's at the Crown Plaza(Atlanta Airport) on Virginia Ave.
Frontiers of any type, physical or mental are but a challenge to our breed. Nothing can stop th questing of man, not even man. If we will it, not only the wonders of space, but the very stars are ours
When did Atlanta get another filk convention? The last one I heard of in that area vanished some years ago.
This one's been going on for twelve years. However, this one is my fourth Gafilk. The con I used to go to in Chattanooga was no longer filk-friendly, so I switched to one that is. Come on down and join us. I 've got Norton, LoTR, Dr Who, Firefly , Star Trek and many other songs. And there will be lots of really talented folks there. Type GaFilk into your browser and follow the links.
We'll have FUN in the PUN. Later Kind Folks--Paul:hello: :clap: :balloons:
Frontiers of any type, physical or mental are but a challenge to our breed. Nothing can stop th questing of man, not even man. If we will it, not only the wonders of space, but the very stars are ours
I'm afraid Atlanta is a very long drive from Seattle.
My bad,Michael, the last time I saw you was Dragoncon '03. I thought you were in the region. Later Kind folks--Paul
Fear not, Michael; you shall not be left out.

Hie thee to http://www.conflikt.org/ for a fun, friendly filk con near you. It's January 29 - February 1.

Obligatory on-topic reference [hi, Irene!]: we could definitely talk about Andre and her works. Heather Alexander even put out an album of Andre Norton filk to go with "Songsmith."

I'd love to see you there!

Jerrie
Yes. I have a copy of the audio tape someplace in the house. I don't remember if I've ever listened to it.
Irene
Irene, Please contact me off board. Thanks--Paul:ot:
Hi everyone,
Had a great time at GaFilk. Sang my Norton songs along with LoTR, Trek, Potter,Dr Who, general Sci Fi, and food songs. Heard a lot of very good music and songs, Saw old friends, Met new people, got lots of ideas for new songs. Already wrote one and am doing research on two more. Later Kind Folks--Paul:trio: :thumbsup: :hellohands: :bg: :whistle: :bounce: :cheergirl:

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OT (sort of) GaFilk Paul Goode 0 434 December 10th, 2015, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Paul Goode
  GaFilk Paul Goode 0 468 January 7th, 2014, 01:50 PM
  GaFilk Paul Goode 1 570 January 9th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Last Post: Jerrie
  GaFilk Paul Goode 0 845 January 2nd, 2012, 10:17 PM
  GaFilk Paul Goode 20 2,198 January 16th, 2011, 06:04 PM