Elrond's sons
They were both twins and could chose a mortal life. The book says they say on middle earth? They could have been more human than life than their sister was, geneticwise. Elrond's wife was adopted by elves in Lorien. She was a human child? His sons could have stay or gone afterwards if there were still boats to leave? They probably stay behind to hunt orcs or to find human wives?
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
badlands Wrote:They were both twins and could chose a mortal life. The book says they say on middle earth? They could have been more human than life than their sister was, geneticwise. Elrond's wife was adopted by elves in Lorien. She was a human child? His sons could have stay or gone afterwards if there were still boats to leave? They probably stay behind to hunt orcs or to find human wives?

Sorry, badlands, but I think you are mistaken. IIRC, Elrond's wife was the daughter of Celeborn and Galadriel. With a full-blood Elf marying a half-blood Elf/Human, their children would be 3/4 Elf and 1/4 Human. As Half Elven/Half Humans, Elrond and his twin Elros were given the choice of Mortality or Immortality. With Elrond choosing Immortality, the same option was passed to his twin sons and his daughter. As we all know, Arwin chose the mortal life, but her brothers' fates were not spelled out so clearly. I believe that, after the third age,most of the elves sailed to the Undying lands to live forever. I could be wrong, but I feel that as long as an Elf's ultimate goal was to sail to the UL(no matter the time frame), he was immortal. The second he chose never to go, he became Mortal(albeit wit a long lifespan). I am of the opinion that Elladan and Elrohir hung aroung ME for a while(a few years maybe[or a few hundred]) and then skipped of into the West to stay with dear old dad. Later Kind Folks--Paul:hello:
Frontiers of any type, physical or mental are but a challenge to our breed. Nothing can stop th questing of man, not even man. If we will it, not only the wonders of space, but the very stars are ours
Elrond was technically All Elf because he had made his choice to be of Elven kind so even though he was called Half-elven he was, in fact, Full-elven.

From a genealogist's perspective, Elrond's children were part Noldo, part Vanya, part Sinda, part Beorian, part Marachian, and part Haladin. I have no interest in figuring out all the fractions (although years ago I probably did at some point).

Elves could not choose to be mortal. Elrond's sons, according to Tolkien in one of his letters, "deferred their choice for a while". Perhaps they would have had to make that choice by no later than Celeborn's departure date. Perhaps they made it sooner.

Elladan and Elrohir most likely lived at least as long after the War of the Ring as Arwen.
To say nothing of their great-great-great grandma Melian the Maia, although IMO physically/genetically she would count as an Elf.

I think JRRT intended that Elrond & Elros (& therefore the Numenorean royal house & all its branches, including the Lords of Andunie & Kings of Arnor & Gondor) have ancestors from all the three nations of the Eldar, and of the "original" three nations of Edain who came to Beleriand, as well as the one ancestress who actually was an "angel." Thus their rather convoluted family trees.

"All Elf?" Is that anything like e.g. "All American"? :bg:

The passage in Appendix that describes the Choice Elrond's children must make runs thus:
Quote:But to the children of Elrond a choice was also appointed: to pass with him from the circles of the world; or if they remained, to become mortal and die in Middle-earth.
That would seem to me to state that they were obliged to either leave with (or before) him, or become mortal Men. Yet we see that this apparently was not so; the Prologue states Elrond's sons "long remained" behind in Imladris, with no indications they had missed the boat permanently.

Their uncle Elros had chosen to become a Man, but he lived to the age of five hundred before he voluntarily chose the time at which he lay down his life according to the grace granted the Numenoreans. Doubtless Elledan and Elrohir could have lived a similar lifespan had they in truth chosen to be Men. It could well be they outlived Findegil's deadline of 4th Age 172 for the Authorized Edition of the Red Book, & thus their departure or passing wasn't described. Since they apparently didn't have to leave with Elrond to remain Elves, they probably basically had until they started to grow weary of life to take ship, & possibly did so with Celeborn and/or Legolas & Gimli for all we know.

Had they stayed, presumably they would have married mortal women & started two more lines of descendants of Half-Elven, doubtless noble houses in 4th-Age Arnor-Gondor.
Many Defeats & Many Fruitless Victories Memoirs Gateway
For I was talking aloud to myself...the old...choose the wisest person present to speak to...
I agree, Alvin. Once he had made his choice, Elrond may have appeared to be "All Elf". But the spawn of his loins (if I may be so gross) proved otherwise.

To be a bit more explicit: If Elrond were truly "All Elf" then his children would not have a choice of kindred.
If some Disney-princess can do it, why not Sauron?
The choice of kindred was a blessing extended to Elrond's children, not an aspect of being half-elven. Dior and his sons were given no such choice. Nor were the children of Imrazor and Mithrellas given the choice.

Earendil, Elwing, Elrond, and Elros were a special family. Only Elrond's children received the gift of choice. Elros' descendants were not permitted to make that choice, much though some of them wished to.
I disagree. It was Beren's family that was blessed. Elros had the choice of Kindreds; he chose the Second. Elrond chose the First Kindred, and for some reason his choice was passed on to his children. Why, I don't know.
"Never ask an Elf for advice, for he will say both 'Yes' and 'No'." - Frodo Baggins to Gildor Inglorion
The texts specifically state that the choice was given only to Earendil and Elwing, their sons, and Elrond's children.

Earendil was the son of Tuor, not Beren.

Dior was the son of Beren.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Elrond's Porch Coconut Ent 9 202 March 14th, 2020, 09:25 PM
Last Post: Coconut Ent
  When were the captive sons released? Mordomin 14 386 November 2nd, 2019, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Bacchus
  What is the Shadow Elrond refers to? ChainSaint 5 756 October 3rd, 2019, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ChainSaint
  What did Elrond see? Mordomin 4 597 August 7th, 2019, 10:28 AM
Last Post: Alvin Eriol
  Elrond at the Battle for Ost-in-Edhil Mordomin 4 481 December 1st, 2017, 07:17 AM
Last Post: Mordomin
  The Sword of Elrond Mordomin 32 1,444 August 19th, 2017, 10:13 AM
  Elrond's and Arathorn trying to rid of the ring of Doom badlands 21 996 February 13th, 2017, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Jaak
  Know Elrond, No Lembas? RobRoy 74 6,242 March 2nd, 2010, 04:22 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Elrond and Spock dasher 35 3,106 August 29th, 2009, 07:20 AM
  elrond's wife badlands 6 1,960 August 10th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Last Post: RobRoy