17th Anniversary of Erica Hooper's Xmas Eve Strippers' Ball Chat!

I had thought Erica's first interaction with fans was when she had posted a thread saying "Hi," but actually, she was lured into making her presence known when someone asked a question about...surprise, surprise - stripping! Wink

Topic: Jenny's Tease Music in "Flying Lessons"

MinorScale
New Member posted April 03, 2000 09:05 PM
---------------------------------------------------------------

The incidental music just keeps getting better & better ... Does anybody know where the music that Jenny danced to in "Flying Lessons" came from?

ericahooper
Member posted April 14, 2000 06:47 AM
---------------------------------------------------------------

Hey all!!
I'm the stripper in flying lessons! I taught her, her dance routine! (choreographer). Great show to work on and the girls are great to work with!! Hope you all enjoy this show it's my fav.

Love Erica (NZ)
==============================

{Note: Many months later, Erica revealed that the erotic/exotic dance numbers that were called "Firestarter" and "History Repeating." }

[Image: Erica1.jpg]

So anyway, four minutes later, she started her first thread; I've edited down a lot of the responses though.....

Topic: Stripper from 'Flying Lessons'

ericahooper
Member posted April 14, 2000 06:51 AM
----------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone...
Just thought i'd drop in and say HI :>. Thanx 4 the support. I've got to admit it's my favourite show i've worked on....great cast and crew!! Lots of love to all of you who love the show....thanx guys!

Love Erica. (NZ)

cleofan
Member posted April 14, 2000 08:40 AM
------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Erica, welcome to the board! Thanx for the info on the girls and the show..... it's mad cool. Seriously hope that you'll appear in many more Cleo eps to come!

august
Member posted April 14, 2000 10:02 AM
-----------------------------------------------------------

Hey Erica! Were you seriously the stripper in the mutant bar? That is so cool!

If you care to, would you please e-mail me? I would very much like to talk to you about the possibility of an interview and or a celebrity chat...........

lasermn
Member posted April 14, 2000 05:56 PM
--------------------------------------------------------

had to come over to this forum to see what August was talking about.
Hope you get that interview August

ericahooper
Member posted April 15, 2000 02:53 AM
----------------------------------------------------------

Hey all
It is me Candy.....I will be here often to read all your replys......Thanx 4 all the support and i'll try to organize a chat interview with u...thanx again.....Love u all

Erica

spicegirls4eva
Member posted April 15, 2000 01:01 PM
------------------------------------------------------------

OGM dude!! she responded again!!!

see ya love always ----Captain Erica

PHEM810
New Member posted April 21, 2000 11:11 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------

Man, Erica Hooper is so HOT!! I totally love your work. I see you all the time is Jack of All Trades and Cleopatra 2525! So are so gorgeous. I can't wait until you start making appearances here in the USA. I totally want to meet you. Jack of all Trades and Cleo are lucky to have you. You totally rock! Please e-mail me. I want you so bad!!! Pete.

Cocoa
Member posted April 22, 2000 09:42 AM
---------------------------------------------------------

dear All,
Man i miss all the good stuff!!! Ericahopper please come back soon!! And spicegirl4eva (and others) please IM soon. Miss ya all,
LUV Cocoa

========================================

Note: "Candy" refers to her role as one of Napoleon's girls on "Jack;" she actually ended up posting quite a bit at the Jack forum. Smile
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
It's great when people involved with the show interact with fans. I enjoy it because it lets me know that they're greatful that we watch. Plus, it's just always fun to watch tv and think, "hey, I've talked with them!"

I'm guessing this was posted on the board at the official site, right? Did you keep copies of all that for some personal archive? That's a great idea!
Quote:Originally posted by Boomstick

I'm guessing this was posted on the board at the official site, right? Did you keep copies of all that for some personal archive? That's a great idea!
Yep, although she has made several appearances here at SF-Fandom, although not in about a year or so.

But as for the message board thing....psssttttt........don't tell anyone, but it's still preserved in its entirety here - you just have to choose the option "Show all topics" rather than the default, which is "Show topics from last 20 days."
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Bumping up, so we can all reflect on our memories of the birthday girl!
Hi all I wish I was here sooner I just found this forum. i would ahve asked for that interview. I do a lot of them for several fan clubs I belong to dealing with super-hero's and the people that create them.
If your still around Erica please e-mail me.
I never missed a show. And this computer I'm using now even has a wallpaper up from the show Cleopatra 2525.
Richard Vasseur
Yep, when last we heard from her, Erica had been...umm...err.... dancing in Japan, where she had made a ton of $$. She visted her family in Wellington just a few weeks after 9/11 happened, and saw her b'day thread, and (I'm still so flattered to recall) even participated in one for me! :bg: At the time I think she said she hoped to be able to travel to the U.S., most likely starting with Hawaii. But she also had a Brazilian boyfriend, I think, so she may have ended up there.

BTW - welcome to the Cleo board!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
It was indeed 8 years ago, Sat. evening of Dec. 23rd in the US, so mid-day Christmas Eve in Wellington, NZ, when the lovely Erica Hooper, aka the mutant bar stripper (and Napoleon's girl Candy on "Jack") chatted with Cleo and Jack fans!
Certainly worthy of a commemorative bump!
Coming up on the 10th anniversary!!!
And it's been 11 years! :clap:
Bumping up in commemoration!
A couple of days in advance... the actual day was Dec. 23rd!

Here's Erica in her Hercules episode, to the immediate right of Traci Lords:

Attached Files Image(s)

I think this is a better shot?

[Image: luscious.jpg]
Yep, I think we already posted that one in a thread on Christelle who's on the far left. Smile
Traci Lords was on Hercules? I didn't know that. Or I forgot. I'm sure it's been mentioned before. I know we've talked about her previously, with regard to the B-Movie version of "A Princess of Mars."
Yep, she was the main guest star in the 6th season episode Hercules Tramps and Thieves - she played the ex-wife of Autolycus,
a sexy cat burglar named Luscious DeLuxe. :p

At one point Herc catches her robbing a treasury, and says "You are so busted." She replies "Thank you - it's not the first time I've been told that." :laugh: I used to have the "so busted" sound clip as the error
message sound on my computer at work.

It was sort of a farewll ep for Auto - he and Luscious got back together, and the last time we see him, he and Herc have this exchange:

Quote:Herc: "Oh, don't worry. I helped her-- get a loan at the bank. As
soon as the paperwork goes through, this-- place will be hers."

Auto: "Wait-- let me get this right. The bank gives you money?"

H: "Sure-- with a viable co-signer and a clean credit rating,
you'll get a fixed term loan amortized over thirty seasons, which
is really-- preferable to an ARM, because it protects you from
fluctuating interest rates."

Auto: "What are the rates now?"

H: "8-and-a-half per cent."

Auto: "8-and-a-half? That's highway robbery! Say-- I gotta get
into this bank racket."

H: "Autolycus, I-- think you may have found your calling."

Attached Files Image(s)

Bumping up in commemoration of the anniversary.....
And indeed, it's now 17 years. :jawdrop: Having exhausted all existing images online from that episoide, instead I give you a classic song about stripping, from the film/musical Gypsy, in which Miss Electra,
dressy Tessie Tura, and Miss Mazeppa - who used ta be a schleppa - tell the young "gypsy" Louise about how to be a star in burlesque. The scene from the film is intercut with clips of other famous casts of the show, including Bernadette Peters! <3

Gypsy From YouTube
SF-Fandom not responsible for video content

SF-Fandom reserves the right to remove inappropriate video content from its discussions. YouTube may remove the video from its service without notification.
I'm getting some cognitive dissonance seeing Julia McKenzie (Miss Marple) in those clips.
:bg: :p :lol: :laugh: :jester: Big Grin

Apparently that was from an all-star tribute to producer Cameron Mackintosh - unsure if if she has ever played that role, or if she was just there as part of a segment of Sondheim songs, since she has done a lot of his other plays.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin Happy 25th Anniversary Xena ! august 4 583 November 12th, 2020, 09:05 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Happy Birthday to Candy aka Erica Hooper! august 54 12,697 September 17th, 2020, 10:39 PM
Last Post: august
  News from Candy aka Erica Hooper lasermn 28 6,648 February 24th, 2020, 12:21 AM
  weekend of 11/27 - 18th anniversary of the last new Jack episode august 3 811 November 27th, 2018, 10:20 AM
  Xena stars on the shows 20th anniversary Boomstick 1 595 September 4th, 2018, 10:46 AM
  17-year anniversary of the last new Cleopatra 2525 episode august 3 1,584 March 6th, 2018, 07:06 PM
  Gov. Croque's Christmas Party - 17th Anniversary august 18 3,157 December 20th, 2017, 07:21 PM
  13th Anniversary of Jack of All Trades! august 12 2,670 February 12th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Cleopatra 2525 - 13th Anniversary Celebration! august 8 1,579 January 17th, 2013, 04:44 PM
  17th annual (and final?) Xena convention - Jan. 27-29, 2012 august 6 1,932 November 2nd, 2011, 03:00 AM