Tobey Maguire to play Bilbo Baggins in The Hobbit?
Latino Review has "heard" that Tobey Maguire is talking with Guillermo del Toro about working on a project in the near future.

Tobey as Bilbo -- I don't know. I was really expecting Elijah Wood to be drafted for the role. But I suppose I could get used to the idea if it happens.

It's actually a fairly lengthy article, worth checking out.
Spider-man killing spiders? Confusedo:
Sheldon: I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.

~ The Big Bang Theory
So many people confuse Tobey and Elijah anyway, it would be a good move, as far as physical resemblance goes. Tobey has gotten REALLY good reviews in his new movies, and was always seen as a "serious" actor, even as a teen, so they couldn't go wrong this way, even if Elijah is the sentimental favorite.
August - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
It is like Spiderman getting catch in a web.:lol: The whole idea is irony. He looks a lot like Elijah but would be better if he was played by Sir Ian Holm instead. MacGuire should play one of the dwarves but not the great goblin. He likes to fight goblins, doesn't he?:dummy:
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
badlands Wrote:He likes to fight goblins, doesn't he?

:lol: Now THAT is funny! :bounce:

At 78...80 when the film would come out... not sure Ian Holm would be the best choice to play a youthful Bilbo though, and I'm sure he'd agree. Plus, even in his youth, he usually played less sympathetic characters. Had the LotR films been made in 1965 or 1970, I suspect he'd have been more ikely to be cast as Gollum, not Frodo!
August - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bilbo's claim to the Arkenstone Mordomin 14 599 September 28th, 2019, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Mordomin
  "Here's a pretty hobbit-skin... Mordomin 12 472 February 2nd, 2019, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Michael
  "The Hobbit" on stage with pre-show lecture in Illinois Michael 3 241 July 20th, 2018, 12:14 PM
  A Hobbit Play Runs in Montgomery, AL until July 29, 2018 Michael 0 121 July 18th, 2018, 07:29 PM
  Scenes in any of LOTR movies or Hobbit you would like to have seen? badlands 4 224 July 3rd, 2018, 08:26 AM
Last Post: Bacchus
  interesting (and irreverent) observation on "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" august 3 303 June 2nd, 2018, 11:54 AM
  How the hobbit should've ended badlands 0 188 November 5th, 2017, 12:30 AM
Last Post: badlands
  Hobbit fossil discovered in Indonesia badlands 3 295 June 24th, 2017, 01:05 PM
  Blu Ray Hobbit trilogy with Lotr trilogy badlands 3 439 August 28th, 2016, 03:02 AM
  Size of Hobbit characters Jaak 11 552 August 20th, 2016, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Alvin Eriol