Thor's "Warriors Three" actors announced
Rotten Tomatoes tells us that Stuart Townsend will play the dashing swordsgod Fandral, Ray Stevenson will play Volstagg (in a fat suit, maybe?), and Hogan the Grim will be played by Tadanobu Asano (Hogan is not an Aesir in the comic books).

Idris Elba has been cast as Heimdall (which is sure to raise some eyebrows -- but then, Heimdall had nine mothers so it might work).
Wow, Stuart Townsend, that's cool. I doubt if they'll do a fat suit, but we'll see.
I can't imagine a thin Volstagg. Seems to me they have done a pretty good job of being faithful to character depictions in the movies. I'm going to expect a portly Volstagg. It wouldn't be right otherwise.
Michael Wrote:Seems to me they have done a pretty good job of being faithful to character depictions in the movies.

Yes and no, it's hit and miss, really. For ever character they do right, there's one that they don't. So while Spider-Man and Daredevil match up visually with their funnybook counterparts, Green Goblin and Bullseye don't.
I thought they did a pretty good Green Goblin. I would not have wanted to see Willem Dafoe in a plastic face mask (or cloth face mask). So I can live with a little bit of a departure.

Although Galactus was a huge disappointment.
Michael Wrote:Although Galactus was a huge disappointment.

Do you mind?! I'm trying to erase that from my memory!
:angry:
Michael Wrote:Although Galactus was a huge disappointment.

There you go. A better example yet. :laugh:

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Video: Trailer for "Thor 4: Love and Thunder" Michael 2 118 June 26th, 2022, 11:56 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Video: June 2022 Thor trailer Michael 0 32 June 22nd, 2022, 08:26 PM
  What actors would be great superheroes 🦸*♂️ or 🦹*♂️ Villains? badlands 0 383 January 3rd, 2019, 05:01 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Video: Marvel actors sing "Brady Bunch"-style theme FilmGuy 1 565 April 30th, 2018, 11:14 AM
Last Post: mrt77
  Michael's Review of "Thor: Ragnarok" Michael 0 456 November 9th, 2017, 03:20 PM
  Video: Ultimate fan trailer for "Thor: Ragnarok" FilmGuy 0 474 October 30th, 2017, 11:14 PM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  Videos with Spoilers: Thor Ragnarok FilmGuy 0 653 September 16th, 2017, 04:12 AM
  What superhero roles do you think some actors take? badlands 1 406 January 14th, 2017, 01:36 PM
  Video: What Thor Was Doing During 'Captain America: Civil War' FilmGuy 1 607 September 6th, 2016, 09:54 AM
Last Post: mrt77
  Video: Trailer for "Thor: Ragnarok" FilmGuy 1 412 July 23rd, 2016, 10:01 PM