Deal In Place For Bryan Singer's Battlestar Galactica Movie
This piece at The Examiner suggests that the film has entered pre-production, but cites no sources.

Quote:Now that pre-production has started, any rumors that Singer's next project was going to be "X" related (as in X-Men) has been put to rest, along with any shot he had of helming another Superman flick. There's been no word if Moore will be involved in the re-reboot, yet given the rumored "rocky" relationship between Larson and Moore, it seems unlikely.

We've heard about the possibility of this project for a while now, but I'd love to know what the basis for this report is. Likely it's nothing more that speculation.
Richard Hatch did talk to Airlock Alpha about a possible reboot on October 24.
Really? I mean, as much of a fan as I am of Battlestar Galactica and Bryan Singer's films... Really?

Why? After the huge success of the Moore reboot, is there honestly a market baying for yet another version, so quickly?
I'd love to see them continue the old series. Just because Ron Moore wowed us with his interpretation of the story doesn't mean the original concept should be buried.
Michael Wrote:I'd love to see them continue the old series. Just because Ron Moore wowed us with his interpretation of the story doesn't mean the original concept should be buried.

But continue it from what point and with what characters/actors? Where would they take the story? Also how do you updated the whole thing so that it is acceptable to the modern audience while avoiding the obvious comparisons with Ron Moore's version and still retaining the charm and feel of the original series?
Richard Hatch did a pilot film for a continuation of the old series, which ignored the events of Galactica: 1980, roughly ten years ago. I've never seen it, but it's probably too late to continue on that thread.

If they do a new movie it'll no doubt be closer to the original series than the Moore show was, but with new actors.
I don't think it's too late to continue with Richard Hatch's concept. He could adjust the timeline a little bit or something but still do things his way.
While fans of the original series would no doubt enjoy seeing the further adventures of Apollo, Starbuck, and Boomer, I think they'd have a hard time selling it to anyone else.

It would be interesting, for sure, but I'm not expecting to see that develop. More likely they'll end up with the predictable cameo appearance in whatever the project ends up being. Or, at most, they'll be the command level people with younger people in the action roles. I wouldn't expect to see any kind of sequel to the television series, though.
It looks like this Battlestar Galactica feature film is turning out to be a real possibility.

Bryan Singer, speaking with The Hollywood Reporter's Heat Vision blog, revealed that a deal for the Battlestar feature film is in place.

Quote:Bryan Singer:
"We just concluded a deal for "Battlestar Galactica," and we’re looking for a writer."
Quote:But continue it from what point and with what characters/actors? Where would they take the story? Also how do you updated the whole thing so that it is acceptable to the modern audience while avoiding the obvious comparisons with Ron Moore's version and still retaining the charm and feel of the original series?

I'd like to see a new film, old style. Unlike Moore's blasphemous offering, Starbuck would be - a man! Same with Boomer. Same with Apollo.

No humans shacking up with Cylons and no opportunities for annihilation of the enemy thrown away by traitorous humans. That sort of thing. Basically a war movie, like the original series was.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Video: Stargate Revolutions plot (3rd SG-1 movie) Michael 0 194 July 5th, 2021, 02:05 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Where to Watch the Original Battlestar Galactica for Free Michael 2 432 July 1st, 2021, 10:13 AM
  New Battlestar Galactica Series in development Boomstick 2 1,332 September 29th, 2019, 01:25 AM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Video: Richard Hatch's 1999 trailer for "Battlestar Galactica: Second Coming" Michael 0 656 March 13th, 2019, 11:11 PM
  Would the game BioShock be a good movie or science fiction TV show? badlands 3 730 September 17th, 2017, 02:01 PM
  Logan's run the T.V series and the movie badlands 8 675 May 29th, 2017, 03:19 PM
Last Post: august
  Battlestar galactica star richard hatch passed away. badlands 4 499 February 28th, 2017, 11:07 AM
  Donner-reed movie badlands 5 1,439 February 18th, 2017, 07:21 PM
Last Post: august
  A sci-fi TV movie about a killer storm like Matthew badlands 6 514 October 10th, 2016, 12:25 PM
  Should this old cartoon show be made into a live action movie or T.v series? badlands 2 590 February 28th, 2016, 12:50 PM