News of the weird: a swine flu cuddly toy?
I couldn't make this up if I tried. It's for sale at the CDC Gift Shop (and who knew the CDC had a gift shop??) Details here.

Quote:What could be more cuddly than a swine flu-shaped stuffed animal?

Wrap your arms around the fuzzy H1N1 plush toy, a pink, 7-inch version of the dreaded microbe, now on sale at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's gift shop in Atlanta
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
You'd think a swine flu virus would have a hog's head? :pig:

An outfit called Neat-O-Rama offers a line of plush microbes such as Herpes simplex virus!

Quote:There’s no cure for herpes, so once you get a hold of this little guy, you’ll never be able to let him go. Unlike his biological counterparts, this guy stays around all month long, rather than cycling through active and remission periods. Plus, they won’t leave you with painful, itchy and unsightly blisters.

This also just might be the only way you can give someone herpes while expecting them to ever talk to you again.

Nemmine the plush Lovecraft critters like Cthulhu!

:crazy:
Many Defeats & Many Fruitless Victories Memoirs Gateway
For I was talking aloud to myself...the old...choose the wisest person present to speak to...
When my son was small I washed his stuffed animals quite often because I was told they are bacteria magnets...but this takes it to another level! :laugh:

Those Cthulhu toys are cute, AE... my favorite of all my son's plush toys( and one which I have kept for some odd reason ) was a plush cockroach hand puppet.
It's strange sometimes what we find attractive ( strange attractors? ) Rolleyes
" It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Covid-19 News and Discussion Michael 2 645 April 21st, 2020, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Scientists discover shocking news about internet posters... august 1 902 April 19th, 2014, 11:20 PM
  Huh?!? News: It's Getting Strange Outside! Alvin Eriol 34 4,881 November 20th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Alvin Eriol
  Discovery News Top 10 Science Discoveries of the Decade Arcadia 3 946 January 4th, 2010, 12:40 AM
  Swine Flu: Are You Frightened? Eldanuumea 11 927 June 14th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Last Post: dasher
  weird parents and siblings badlands 2 694 November 15th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Marie
  Weird primaries badlands 0 510 October 16th, 2008, 01:26 AM
Last Post: badlands
  Today's news of note Themis 0 598 September 25th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Last Post: Themis
  weird cold commerical badlands 0 524 May 25th, 2008, 11:52 PM
Last Post: badlands
  CanWest News: Keith, Nicole truly citizens of the world Michael 0 1,155 September 16th, 2007, 03:48 PM