"Team Jacob" trailer
The new New Moon trailer has been released (in HD). Not your typical trailer structure and it's mainly focused on Jacob/Bella.

We do see glimpses of Wolf Pack, Victoria, Laurant, and Jane (from the Volturi).

:cheergirl:

Click Me!
[SIZE=2]Keeper of Cole and The Cullen Men

"Once the Queen's dead the King's useless . . . maybe he's too depressed to fight; he really loved her you know"
[/SIZE]
Remembering "Team Jacob" just makes me upset and sad. I still think Bella should have dropped the vampire and stuck with the werewolf. He was much more consistent, much more passionate, and at the very least, she could have cuddled him without needing thermal underwear.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
I was on Team Jacob until he started forcing himself on Bella. The author totally screwed him up... I guess she had to find some way to do it because Edward was supposed to be Bella's twu lurve.

New Moon is certainly looking a lot more like a big screen movie and a lot less like a Lifetime Original; I'm very pleased with that.
Niphredil Wrote:I was on Team Jacob until he started forcing himself on Bella. The author totally screwed him up... I guess she had to find some way to do it because Edward was supposed to be Bella's twu lurve.
Yes, Jake had a jerk moment with the kiss, and deserved to get slapped.
But then Edward was a stalker and a control freak, watching her even while she slept, using his family to keep tabs, defining where she went and who she could see.
And of course dear darling Bella set the whole thing up being her usual narcissistic self, playing both sides, using Jake as her fallback even though she knew he loved her.

The emotions and conflict of Jacob is the closest to any kind of true depth the author gets, imo.
[COLOR="Teal"]We are not the same persons this year as last; nor are those we love.
It is a happy chance if we, changing, continue to love as a changed person. [/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]-W. Somerset Maugham[/SIZE]
P.S. Anyone notice Jacob's movie wolf form, like his movie human form, is smaller and younger looking than the in-book description?
Courting that all-important teen audience that thinks anything over 21 in human years and out of pup stage in dog years is old. Wink
[COLOR="Teal"]We are not the same persons this year as last; nor are those we love.
It is a happy chance if we, changing, continue to love as a changed person. [/COLOR]

Doncoriel Wrote:Yes, Jake had a jerk moment with the kiss, and deserved to get slapped.
But then Edward was a stalker and a control freak, watching her even while she slept, using his family to keep tabs, defining where she went and who she could see.
And of course dear darling Bella set the whole thing up being her usual narcissistic self, playing both sides, using Jake as her fallback even though she knew he loved her.

Which is why I hate them all. Heart

Doncoriel Wrote:The emotions and conflict of Jacob is the closest to any kind of true depth the author gets, imo.

Hmm... yeah, I suppose, but I still think she screwed him up because she made him too perfect for Bella and had to "fix" that. I ought to read the books again (I read them pretty quickly the first time) but it just seemed to me that his character did a total one-eighty.
Doncoriel Wrote:The emotions and conflict of Jacob is the closest to any kind of true depth the author gets, imo.

Do you mean Jacob's own conflict, or the resulting conflict that came out of adding Jacob to the mix of Bella and Edward? If the latter, then I totally agree. The depth of "what should I do?" certain did come from the conflict of Jacob's feelings for Bella, and the result of her feelings for him. I didn't like at all Bella's choice in this matter, but the fact that I didn't like it spoke to how realistic that particular part of the story actually was. I rooted for Jacob all through . . . except for the forced kiss. That part seemed contrived, and, as mentioned, a way for Meyers to move Jacob back from the limelight, and allow us to accept Edward again.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Niphredil Wrote:Which is why I hate them all. Heart
:bounce: :hello:

You know, I watched it for only the second time the other night (1.99 on satellite), and I had forgotten how boring the movie was until the baseball game! ...or was that just me? I about fell asleep during the Bella/Edward setup-although I still laughed at RP-Edward's upchuck response to meeting Bella.

Really hoping New Moon is more eventful all the way through...which means they best quickly time pass Bella's season of despair and get to the werewolves pronto.

*I did realize that I loved the "family" scenes. They should have had a LOT more of them. The baseball scene was really fun. The baddie's showing up was great. And I was pretty much involved in actively watching from the baseball game on.
Quote:Hmm... yeah, I suppose, but I still think she screwed him up because she made him too perfect for Bella and had to "fix" that. I ought to read the books again (I read them pretty quickly the first time) but it just seemed to me that his character did a total one-eighty.
Yeah, "perfect" was definitely a theme that hindered more than one line of potential.

There are reasons to buy Jacob's weirdness as a part of his turmoil set on by his ever shifting life. But I absolutely agree with you and RR. The reason she did it was to allow Ed to come back and resume his place at Bella's side without question. And I didn't like it. I was just saying that Jake at least goes through a transition period and experiences growth emotions. Bella and Edward simply have a pattern to get them to happily ever after. That's all.

RobRoy Wrote:Do you mean Jacob's own conflict, or the resulting conflict that came out of adding Jacob to the mix of Bella and Edward? If the latter, then I totally agree. The depth of "what should I do?" certain did come from the conflict of Jacob's feelings for Bella, and the result of her feelings for him. I didn't like at all Bella's choice in this matter, but the fact that I didn't like it spoke to how realistic that particular part of the story actually was. I rooted for Jacob all through . . . except for the forced kiss. That part seemed contrived, and, as mentioned, a way for Meyers to move Jacob back from the limelight, and allow us to accept Edward again.
Eh, I mean both, so take your pick.

Jacob was needed to bring out the story of Edward and Bella. The insertion added drama, giving Bella two hearts to break and Edward an instant rival as both a boy/man and as a vampire.

But I also think Jacob is the best glimpse we get at a character with depth. (Others among the camps might have qualified if the focus had ever come to them for more than an instant.)

*The Bella of the story could not choose someone like Jacob, because of, what I consider to be, shortcomings in her own character. (For example, her dissatisfaction with her mortal existence, seeing herself as lesser because she was normal, etc...)

Doncoriel Wrote:*The Bella of the story could not choose someone like Jacob, because of, what I consider to be, shortcomings in her own character. (For example, her dissatisfaction with her mortal existence, seeing herself as lesser because she was normal, etc...)

That's an interesting thought. Was it Bella's own short-comings as a character, her lack of ability to see beyond herself, etc? Or was it "true love" as the theme of the book kept trying to tell us?

The romantic in me pulls for the latter, even if I don't like the outcome. I mean "true love" is awesome, certainly a goal that should be sought no matter what.

On the other hand, the realist in me says there's really no such thing. There are great loves and good loves and even mediocre loves that can get the job done. Bella lacked experience, other-focus, and depth to be able to claim "true" true love.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Video: Trailer for "Morbius" Michael 0 348 March 2nd, 2022, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Video: Trailer for "Wildling" FilmGuy 0 757 March 16th, 2018, 06:11 PM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  teaser trailer for True Blood season 5 august 7 1,744 May 29th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Last Post: august
  2009's most popular baby names? Jacob and (Isa)bella! august 3 847 May 13th, 2010, 09:32 PM
Last Post: onwe
  Eclipse Trailer Doncoriel 2 1,024 April 24th, 2010, 02:50 AM
Last Post: forgotm
  Twilight Eclipse Rough Cut Complete; Still no trailer Luthien_001 2 839 February 15th, 2010, 05:57 AM
Last Post: Luthien_001
  New Moon trailer #3 Luthien_001 1 697 September 14th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Niphredil
  New Moon Trailer - MTV Luthien_001 3 794 June 5th, 2009, 04:24 AM
Last Post: onwe
  Jacob imprinting on Nessie badlands 14 1,639 March 22nd, 2009, 06:04 PM
Last Post: Doncoriel
  Jacob Black casting decision made Doncoriel 3 937 January 9th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Last Post: Doncoriel