Is the whisk mightier than the sword? Julia & Julie
[INDENT]If you just look at the box office take, "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra" stomped all over "Julie & Julia" last weekend.

"Joe" earned $54.7 million in the United States - the fourth-biggest debut ever in August. The second-place "J&J" pulled in $20 million.

No contest, right?

And yet "Julie & Julia" is holding its own. In fact, I'd say that things are working out just as they should.[/INDENT]

Read the rest here.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Yep, especially since J+J probably made back its entire budget in its first weekend, while G. Joe is unlikely to do so until all the overseas totals and so forth are factored in. I fear that it may end up like Watchmen, and be the hottest movie in the nation for a week.... but school starts back.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nicole Kidman and Julia Roberts may co-star in "Monte Carlo" Michael 1 1,058 October 17th, 2007, 01:16 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Sword Fights DeamondBleed 31 1,890 June 10th, 2004, 06:20 PM
Last Post: evaine
  Sword of Vengeance SFfilmfan 2 406 March 31st, 2004, 04:16 PM
Last Post: SFfilmfan