Farscape: Complete Series DVD Under $60
Farscape fans, rejoice. A&E has partnered with the Jim Henson Company to release new Farscape DVD sets. Sort of a 10th anniversary thing, I guess.

There will be a complete series set as well as individual season sets. Not sure if that full set will include the Peacekeeper Wars miniseries.

They're supposed to hit stores later this year, in November.
I want to know what happened with the long rumored revival.

ON EDIT: Oh, you mentioned the Farscape revival in that other thread.
Hmm. On a personal note, it stinks, because I don`t want to spring for it because I already have all the seasons and PK Wars. Rolleyes And on a personal note, it`s WOOHOO great news because it`ll be great to see it out there again where new people may discover it.

I was in Best Buy recently and noticed (again) that there were none on the shelves. This was disappointing but it won`t matter in a few months because it will once again grace the shelves. :trio:
Hope, D`Argo.... I have HOPE. John

Too many stories are nothing more than connected vignettes of codified symbols used to tell the audience where the plot currently stands like some sort of checklist Mirage
Other than Peacekeeper Wars, I haven't seen Farscape DVDs in stock for a long time. I had wanted to pick up all the "Starburst Editions," but never got around to it. They're selling for rather hefty prices online now, so I'm glad I'll have another opportunity to buy the series new. Hopefully it's not too expensive! The going rate for A&E's series box sets seems to be $100. I'd be willing to pay that, I guess.
Some more info emerges. Looks like it's gonna cost $150.

Quote:From Movieweb

You can relive a hit sci-fi series in its entirety, just in time for its 10th anniversary, this November. Farscape: The Complete Series Megaset will be released on DVD on November 17. This huge 25-disc set will contain all 88 episodes of the series along with 15 hours of bonus material and the set will be priced at $149.95 SRP.

Special Features:

- 29 Episode Commentaries, including "Premiere" with Rockne S. O'Bannon, Brian Henson and Ben Browder; "Jeremiah Crichton" with Claudia Black, Producer/Writer David Kemper, Browder and O'Bannon; "Bone to Be Wild" with Anthony Simcoe; "Relativity" with Lani Tupu (Crais/Voice of Pilot) and Director Peter Andrikidis; and, "Bad Timing" which features Browder, Black and Kemper discussing the series' final episode.
- Multiple featurettes and documentaries including "In the Beginning: A Look Back with Brian Henson"; "Making of a Space Opera" and "Inside Farscape: Save Farscape," on which fans, cast and crew discuss the fate of their beloved series.
- Multiple video profiles featuring archival clips and cast/crew discussing their characters and roles on Farscape.
- Over 90 minutes of deleted scenes.
- Slideshows and archival photo galleries, including character concepts and promo photos.
- Production design galleries featuring screenshots, rough drafts and concept slide shows.
- Behind-the-Scenes interviews with Ben Browder, Claudia Black, Anthony Simcoe, Virginia Hey, Gigi Edgley, Paul Goddard (Stark), Wayne Pygram (Scorpius) and more.
- Original TV promos and trailers
Ah, thanks for the info, Boomstick.

Hmmm. Drooling a bit here, but also wondering how many of the special features I already have with the season sets. Must rewatch and research and do the homework. It`ll be tough, but I`ll manage somehow. :bg:

Bah, I might just get it anyway, whether there is any new special material or not.

Too many stories are nothing more than connected vignettes of codified symbols used to tell the audience where the plot currently stands like some sort of checklist Mirage
I had wondered the same thing, Bern. I remember the original DVD releases that I had featured commentaries, I especially liked the ones with Ben and Claudia. Although I suspect that they've included those on this set, I'd be surprised if they didn't do some new ones.

$150 bucks is a lot of money, but I guess it's more or less on par with A&E's other releases.
The DVD set hits stores this Tuesday (November 17th).

To see pictures of what the set looks like, and see a finalized rundown of all the extra features, head over to TV Shows On DVD.

They're saying Amazon is offering it for $104.99 right now, which isn't too bad, really. It seems like a comprehensive set, although I do not see The Peacekeeper Wars listed.
Frell. Seems there will be some things unique to this release. Better save my shekels. But the price probably won`t ever be any better than what Amazon`s offering now. Confusedo:

Oh no. You might want to wait until DvD has been rendered completely obsolete. Prices might come down then.

You can get Full Screen DvDs pretty cheap now that everyone wants Wide Screen.
Bern Wrote:Frell. Seems there will be some things unique to this release. Better save my shekels. But the price probably won`t ever be any better than what Amazon`s offering now. Confusedo:

Depends how long you're willing to wait, Bern. Smile Seriously, though, I generally don't rush out and buy expensive box sets right away anymore. I'm big on ebay/half.com for finding stuff. I can usually find a price that's more reasonable than the suggested retail price after a few months. Then there's a local place that sells used dvds/cds that I check out often. Sometimes stuff is pretty beat up, but sometimes you find something that's obviously brand new and only viewed once.
I did not see this at Best Buy today while I was getting Star Trek. I hope it does well to get some interest in it again.
I can imagine quite a bit.
If you have a Sam's Club or Costco card, you should check their Web sites to see if they offer it. Sometimes they have better prices than even Amazon.
Han Solo Wrote:I did not see this at Best Buy today while I was getting Star Trek. I hope it does well to get some interest in it again.

Now that's surprising. Especially with the holiday season coming up. I suppose they might have had a set or two and sold them already.
Boomstick Wrote:Now that's surprising. Especially with the holiday season coming up. I suppose they might have had a set or two and sold them already.

That's what I think also since it's not that widely know and even less so since it hasn't had any new buzz.

I agree also that Sam's can have them cheap but finding them there is another issue if they will carry it.
Han Solo Wrote:I did not see this at Best Buy today while I was getting Star Trek. I hope it does well to get some interest in it again.
I meant to get to Best Buy just to see if they had it, not necessarily to buy it. Still haven`t made it there yet. Maybe tomorrow. And if they don`t have any I will ask about it just to let them know there`s interest. It would be cool if they don`t have any because they sold out already, like Boomstick said. :bg:

Bumping this thread to spread some worthwhile news: Amazon has the set on sale for $57.99!

At that price I'm going to have to see where my final Christmas shopping leaves my finances--if I can swing it, I'll definitely be picking it up. Brand new, with a $90 savings over the suggested retail price, that's pretty huge. The truth is I saw precious little of the show after the second season, so there's a lot there that will be new to me.
Did you wind up getting it Boomer? I have been going thru the seasons again or at least right now season 1 and it really hit it's stride late season 1.
Unfortunately I waited a few days, and when I checked back the price was back to normal. You snooze you loose, I guess. I'll get it sooner rather than later, though, I've been wanting to see the stuff from the later seasons that I never saw.

I'd agree about the show hitting it's stride in late season one. At it's best there was really nothing even close to it, I think. Unfortunately they went off the rails at the end, there. It's too bad that when SciFi did give the show a big promotional push, the show was at it's least accessible.

I remember SciFi did a big promo (for the network at the time, anyway) for the premier of Farscape season 4 and whatever season SG1 was starting. So anyone that gets interested by the promo stuff tunes in and is treated to "Crichton Kicks," which is probably the worst season opener of any show I've ever seen. I was familiar with the show and it's characters, and was completely lost as to what was going on. And, IIRC, the episode in general was just poorly done and generally confusing. They didn't need to be completely episodic like SG1 usually was, and the story arc was a huge, huge, part of what made Farscape great. But you've got to walk that line, and when they got too deep in continuity, and it got to where casual viewers couldn't just tune in and enjoy the show, well, they got canceled.
I agree that the 4th season started slow, it hit it's stride after about episode 7 or 8 but obviously the writers had a plan since they were to have two seasons left and we all know how sci-fi treated that plan.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transformers 1980’s series badlands 0 387 October 2nd, 2020, 10:22 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Ark II Filmation series badlands 1 591 April 13th, 2020, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Michael
  One Season TV Series? Randy2020/ 6 1,138 March 1st, 2020, 04:52 PM
  New Battlestar Galactica Series in development Boomstick 2 1,385 September 29th, 2019, 01:25 AM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Transformers live action Tv 📺 series badlands 1 793 September 5th, 2019, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Rebooting the Hardy boys and Nancy Drew tv series badlands 4 831 May 22nd, 2019, 10:50 AM
  TV series based on anime called GoblinSlayer badlands 0 535 May 21st, 2019, 01:41 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Horror games as TV series badlands 1 551 January 15th, 2019, 02:40 PM
  Doctor Who Series 11 videos Michael 0 772 September 24th, 2018, 01:01 PM
  Live action G. I Joe or Transformers Series on TV? badlands 1 617 September 22nd, 2018, 10:18 PM