Discredited author James Frey turns to teen SciFi books, sells rights to Michael Bay
Do you remember James Frey? His autobiographical account of drug addiction and other problems moved Oprah Winfrey to help sell over 3 million copies of his book before The Smoking Gun revealed he had fabricated many facts in the book.

Not to be outdone by his own misdeeds, literature's most infamous author has now turned to co-writing four teen SciFi novels, the film rights to which Dreamworks and Michael Bay ("Transformers") have already acquired.

The books, co-written with previously unknown author Jobie Hughes, will be published by HarperCollins.

Now, that takes some marketing skill. At least this time he doesn't have to worry about getting his facts straight, but one wonders if Frey will have any more tricks up his sleeve.
I didn't follow that whole mess too closely, but IIRC he's from St. Joseph Michigan, which is in my area.

I was at Barnes and Noble last week and they had his book out in a high traffic area, among other popular titles. So I'm sure he's still making plenty of money off it. If anything, I'd wager that since he'd already sold tons of books before he was exposed, it probably only helped sales. No such thing as bad publicity and all that.

Anyway, just goes to show that cheaters do, in fact, prosper. :anxious:

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Michael's Take on "Iron Sky: The Coming Race" Michael 0 126 March 19th, 2022, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Michael
  This civil rights leader’s story should be a movie badlands 1 344 July 25th, 2021, 11:28 PM
Last Post: Alvin Eriol
  Michael's Thoughts on 'The Monkey King: Havoc in Heaven's Palace' Michael 0 927 March 24th, 2020, 07:03 PM
  Another book adaptation for the author of Diary of the Wimpy Kid? badlands 0 325 January 17th, 2019, 11:59 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Video: Trailer for James Bond 25, "Risico" FilmGuy 0 404 April 19th, 2018, 08:08 PM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  Michael's Review of "Muder on the Orient Express" (2017) Michael 1 768 November 24th, 2017, 11:30 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Michael's Review of "Alien: Covenant" Michael 1 434 June 28th, 2017, 10:03 PM
Last Post: Ingvanye
  Transformers: The Last Knight - Michael's Review Michael 0 371 June 25th, 2017, 10:44 PM
  Michael's Review of "Passengers" Michael 0 369 December 25th, 2016, 09:40 PM
  Singer George Michael has died Michael 0 360 December 25th, 2016, 09:20 PM