Torchwood
Anyone watching Torchwood - Children of Earth?

Really enjoying it. Good, genuinely disturbing and suspenseful story. Funny in places and some brilliant acting as well.

Day One was easily one of the better hours of TV viewing I've had in quite a while. Fingers crossed they can keep the quality through to a satisfying conclusion.
Don't get BBC America and my internet connection doesn't like playing video, no precious, it doesn't. Will have to wait on Netflix.
Sheldon: I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.

~ The Big Bang Theory
Is this a spin-off series of Torchwood? I have yet to see Torchwood or the Sara Jane Adventures or whatever it's called.

I've heard very good things about Torchwood, though. One of those things I'll get around to years from now when everyone else has forgotten about it, no doubt! Smile
It's a mini-series in the Torchwood uni, 5 eps, according to my TV Guide. Just sort of glimpsed the article, so can't give you specifics. Sara Jane?

Torchwood is complete and total camp with a side of cheese. Should be just your thing. Wink
Sheldon: I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.

~ The Big Bang Theory
GamgeeFest Wrote:It's a mini-series in the Torchwood uni, 5 eps, according to my TV Guide. Just sort of glimpsed the article, so can't give you specifics. Sara Jane?

Torchwood is complete and total camp with a side of cheese. Should be just your thing. Wink

Ah, ok! I'll check it out eventually.

Sara Jane Adventures was a spinoff featuring the sidekick from the Tom Baker years. She did an episode on the new series, I think it was the second season. Anyway, if I remember right, either SciFi or BBC America was showing the episodes over here. IIRC, it was/is a half-hour show.
Sara Jane Adventures is most definitely a kids' show. But I thought it was pretty cute.
I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult. -Rita Rudner
Well, it was very good indeed. Helps if you have watched Torchwood and know a bit about the characters, but not completely necessary. The story stands alone and makes sense without the additional baggage.

There were some genuine shocks throughout, some very moving performances and plenty of tears shed. The reason that the '456' were there was pretty nasty - almost as nasty as the politicians dealing with them, and although the end was simlar to some of the Dr Who 'big' stories in that the build up was more satisfying than the denouement, overall I thought it was excellent stuff.
I saw commercials for this on BBC America last night while I was watching Top Gear. I doubt if I'll watch it, even if it stands alone, but we'll see. Typically I like to be 'caught up' before I jump into something like that, but if Jammin's right and it stands alone, I may use this mini series to gauge my interest in Torchwood.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  STARZ picks up Torchwood for 4th season in 2011 Michael 0 561 June 7th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Last Post: Michael
  How many Dr. Who/Torchwood fans? august 15 1,959 April 3rd, 2008, 09:35 AM
Last Post: edott
  Torchwood... Ammun'Ra 14 1,384 January 26th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Last Post: CJ~
  Dr Who spinoff - TorchWood sarahloui 3 674 October 25th, 2005, 08:03 AM
Last Post: sarahloui