Why "Half Blood Prince" is all "sex, potions and rock 'n' roll"
That's how director David Yates describes it in an amusing interview at Sci-Fi Wire.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Did Disney help out this time on this one? Sounds PC-ey to me. (As in Prince Caspian).

JK Rowling has final say, so, .........................:balloons:
inked
"Aslan is not a tame lion. Safe?
No, he's not safe, but he's good."
CSL/LWW
inked Wrote:JK Rowling has final say, so

She doesn't like hang out on the set or in the editing room or anything, though, does she? She doesn't have a producer credit on any of the films, and legally, the producer always has the final say.....
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Ha - I think I may have my own answer:

Quote:Warner Bros took considerable notice of Rowling's desires and thoughts when drafting her contract. One of her principal stipulations was the films be shot in Britain with an all-British cast, which has been adhered to strictly.

The first four films were scripted by Steve Kloves; Rowling assisted him in the writing process, ensuring that his scripts did not contradict future books in the series...... Rowling stated that she has no say in who directs the films and would not have vetoed Spielberg if she had. (In fact) Rowling's first choice for the director had been Monty Python member Terry Gilliam, as she is a fan of his work. Warner Bros. wanted a more family friendly film, and eventually they settled on Chris Columbus.

So she no longer has final say. She demanded various contractual things up front, but now that she received those, whatever the director films, and tells the editor to include, as long as the producer OK's it and it's within the terms of the original contract, is the final word.

In fact, in one interview with Scholastic dating all the way back to the first film, she said:

Quote: I've been allowed a lot of input. They have been very generous in allowing me to make my opinions heard!
That's a neat article. Wish I had more time to digest it.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Press Release: Natalia Tena's rock band to perform Forum Administrator 0 455 November 3rd, 2010, 09:49 AM
Last Post: Forum Administrator
  Video: Rupert Grint Half-blood Prince interview Michael 0 698 December 22nd, 2009, 12:25 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Reviews: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince Luthien_001 7 773 July 20th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Last Post: GamgeeFest
  Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince - My review Michael 9 1,842 July 18th, 2009, 11:05 PM
Last Post: inked
  Watch MTV Music Awards sneak peak for "Half-blood Prince" Michael 0 558 June 2nd, 2009, 02:43 AM
  Four new posters revealed for the Half Blood Prince Han Solo 1 638 May 4th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Last Post: Luthien_001
  YouTube behind-the-scenes sneak peak at "Half-blood Prince" Michael 0 778 March 8th, 2009, 08:28 PM
  MTV posts spoiler for "Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince" movie Michael 0 680 February 19th, 2009, 03:28 AM
  Harry and Dumbledore in 'Harry Potter and the half blood prince' one sheets Luthien_001 0 680 February 11th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Luthien_001
  Daniel Radcliffe Talks Darkness in 'Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince' RobRoy 0 631 January 13th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Last Post: RobRoy