Bill Nighy in "Deathly Hallows"
[SIZE=2]Keeper of Cole and The Cullen Men

"Once the Queen's dead the King's useless . . . maybe he's too depressed to fight; he really loved her you know"
[/SIZE]
Nice find Luthy! I adore Nighy. He's so darn funny.

Isn't Scrimgeour a vampire? At least Nighy already has experience playing one of those as Victor. LOL
I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult. -Rita Rudner
lol I was just coming to post this! I always pictured him as (let me see if I can spell this correctly from memory) Xenophilius Lovegood, as well, but I'm happy as long as he's in the movie at all. I love Bill Nighy. :thumbsup:
CJ~ Wrote:Isn't Scrimgeour a vampire? At least Nighy already has experience playing one of those as Victor. LOL

Nah, that's someone else . . . I think Sir Nicholas's is the one who has a friend whose a vampire.

Scrimgeour is suppose to have resemblence to a lion or something like that IIRC . . . I'm sure I could find a reference . . .

A HA! Here we go

Quote:a man with a certain rangy loping grace; he walked with a slight limp, and looked rather like an old lion with grey streaks in his mane of tawny hair and bushy eyebrows. He had keen yellowish eyes and wore wire-rimmed spectacles.
Link to source

Sure . . . I can see Bill playing that, but still I think he'd be a better Xenophilius (thanks for the aid Nilphy)

"Once the Queen's dead the King's useless . . . maybe he's too depressed to fight; he really loved her you know"
[/SIZE]
This is fun to know!

I also see him playing Luna's father, but he'll be good in the other role, too. Smile
Scrimgeour would be a good character for him, though. Crusty and a bit intimidating to begin with, but he does the right thing in the end (refused to give up Harry).
The MTV Movies blog has a video interview with Bill Nighy. It sounds like he is reading up on the Potter series to better understand the character.

He's a great actor. He'll do justice to the role.
And there is an article with SciFi Wire where he talks a little more about the role. Here is a brief excerpt:
[indent]"I shoot it when we get back from this trip," Nighy (the Underworld and Pirates of the Caribbean movies) said in an interview in New York, where he was promoting G-Force. "I go home and I shoot, and I am Rufus Scrimgeour. I am a wizard. I am the Minister for Magic, and I am very pleased, because I thought I was going to remain the only English actor who wasn't in Harry Potter, but apparently that's not true." (Spoilers ahead!)[/indent]
So much for playing Luna's dad. :wink: Anyway, I'm sure he'll be an excellent Rufus Scrimgeour. I'm happy that he's happy to be a part of the franchise with his peers. Go Bill!

[/SIZE]

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  the DEATHLY HALLOWS on TV Irene 1 592 December 12th, 2013, 04:23 AM
Last Post: Michael
  My thoughts on "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2" Michael 8 1,861 November 27th, 2011, 12:12 AM
  Discussion for "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2" Michael 0 494 July 13th, 2011, 02:40 PM
  Pictures: Harry Potter people at Deathly Hallows 2 premiere in London, July 2011 Michael 0 429 July 10th, 2011, 08:31 AM
  Severus Snape poster for "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2" Michael 0 820 June 1st, 2011, 01:15 PM
  Neville Longbottom featured on new Deathly Hallows poster Michael 0 551 May 30th, 2011, 03:40 AM
  Ciaran Hinds to play Aberforth Dumbledore in "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" Michael 2 1,088 January 11th, 2011, 02:36 AM
  Emma Watson Back to UK to Re-shoot Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 11 News From Yahoo! 0 539 December 25th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Last Post: News From Yahoo!
  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 Full Movie Online Free News From Yahoo! 0 1,021 December 19th, 2010, 11:22 PM
  Game review: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part One - Playstation 3 News From Yahoo! 0 517 December 17th, 2010, 07:03 AM