Marilyn Monroe
Just been watching some Monroe movies. She was brilliant. 7 Year Itch and Some Like It Hot I think were her best.
:crazy: If at first you dont succeed, skydiving may not be for you! :crazy:
She really was fantastic. I've yet to see many of her films, but Some Like it Hot is a great one. Gentlemen Prefer Blonds is pretty good, IIRC, notable as it also stars Jane Russell. Not a bad combo! :drool:
Gentelmen Prefer Blondes is awesome, and directed by that master of rapid-fire screwball comedy, Howard Hawks...who just two years ealier produced (and many say ghost-directed) The Thing... and just a few years later directed Rio Bravo, that John Wayne/Dean Martin western we were discussing. Smile Now there's some diversity!

I also really enjoy her in Monkey Business - also directed by Hawks, with Cary grant and Ginger Rogers - and in How to Marry a Millionaire, with Betty Grable and Lauren Bacall.

And for a great Bruce Campbell version of Some Like It Hot, just check out the Hercules episode "Men in Pink," where he basically reprises the Tony Curtis role.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
You might be interested to know that previously unpublished pictures of the young Marilyn Monroe were just released.

And I suppose I should add that Lindsay Lohan has recreated some classic Marilyn (nude) poses for The New Yorker.

I was never a big Marilyn fan.

BTW -- if anyone posts links to the Lohan pictures, please make sure you provide warnings about mature content and I would prefer you NOT embed the images in these forums or link directly to them.
Michael Wrote:You might be interested to know that previously unpublished pictures of the young Marilyn Monroe were just released

I'm guessing these are after her early pin-up work, though, since she's the peroxide blonde here.

As to the Lohan photo shoot...meh...a cheap imitation.
Note: Lindsay's photo shoot was for New York magazine back in early '08, not the stuffier New Yorker. Wink
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !

MYCode Guide