***Fangs & Fur*** OT Discussion Thread Open!
Channing Tatum may be cast as Riley in Eclipse. See here
:thud: REMEMBER: When I'm queen, things WILL be different.
*wanders in*

Hi guys! I'm guessing Bloody Mary's are on tap? *slurps*

I only talk about Twilight with people from work, too. The only difference is they all hate the movie and won't read the books. So to satiate my thirst (har har) for Twilight discussions, here I am!

One of my friends on Livejournal has been trashing the books, so, not wanting to repeat past mistakes (used to bash Harry Potter all the time until I actually read the books and found that I kind of loved them), I picked up Twilight about three weeks ago. I was instantly drawn into the world, and I was interested enough to read the other books. And buy the movie. And the soundtrack....

I didn't care for the movie the first time I watched it. I kept my expectations low, but I still found the made-for-tv vibe a little jarring. I likened it to a Sci-Fi original and a Lifetime original getting together and having a baby. The editing seemed kind of choppy, and I didn't like the sudden cut scenes between the "good guys" and the villains. But I loved the cast. And after a second viewing I better appreciated the more subtle aspects of Kristen Stewart's performance.

To view, use your mouse to select the text:
Now the only thing I don't like is Victoria at the prom. C'mon, Edward would've heard, or at the very least, smelled her. That bugs me.

And the Cullen's house. Don't get me wrong, it's an awesome house, but it's not the Cullen's house. It very obviously had a two-care garage. No way it could hold all their cars. Unless they have some sort of... vampire... Tardis garage... bigger on the inside... but I digress.

I can't wait for New Moon to come out. And though I say I can't wait... I'm kind of surprised they're pushing the movies out so close together. It seems to me like spacing them out a little more will keep anticipation going, and give the series a little time to gain enough clout to warrant a bigger budget for the next two movies. Plus, if they release them too quickly the fandom might... fizzle out, before it can realize its full potential. Maybe not, though. I guess as long as they don't make any cast changes (I abhor cast changes), I'll be satisfied. :tongue:
Niphredil Wrote:*wanders in*

Remember when we used to serve "Lorien Mist" in the "Green Dragon"...Now it's "Bloody Mary's" in "Fangs & Fur"... We're not in the shire anymore, Phred. :alien: :bg:

Quote:
Now the only thing I don't like is Victoria at the prom. C'mon, Edward would've heard, or at the very least, smelled her. That bugs me.[snip]
Good point!

Quote:I can't wait for New Moon to come out. And though I say I can't wait... I'm kind of surprised they're pushing the movies out so close together. It seems to me like spacing them out a little more will keep anticipation going, and give the series a little time to gain enough clout to warrant a bigger budget for the next two movies. Plus, if they release them too quickly the fandom might... fizzle out, before it can realize its full potential. Maybe not, though. I guess as long as they don't make any cast changes (I abhor cast changes), I'll be satisfied. :tongue:
Yeah, I wonder about that too... Why the huge rush? Are they afraid the fandom is short-lived and want to capitalize while they can? It's not like they have child actors that are going to outgrow the role if they don't hurry.
[COLOR="Teal"]We are not the same persons this year as last; nor are those we love.
It is a happy chance if we, changing, continue to love as a changed person. [/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]-W. Somerset Maugham[/SIZE]
Rain Wrote:Channing Tatum may be cast as Riley in Eclipse. See here
I think I like that.
I admit I kind of felt sorry for Riley and the newborns, being created, used, and discarded like that. What about instead of Bella changing in BD, they'd have succeeded in saving one of the Newborns...and then Bella might have seen how terrible it was for them, and come to a mature decision to deal with aging and remain human. Just a random thought.

*Sounds like business was good the other night, and that you made a new friend! Yay you! :bg:

P.S. onwe, I hope your PM is wrong, and things continue to go well for you!
[COLOR="Teal"]We are not the same persons this year as last; nor are those we love.
It is a happy chance if we, changing, continue to love as a changed person. [/COLOR]

Niphredil Wrote:*I picked up Twilight about three weeks ago. I was instantly drawn into the world, and I was interested enough to read the other books. And buy the movie. And the soundtrack....

So I'm guessing you didn't like them at all :wink:
Doncoriel Wrote:*Sounds like business was good the other night, and that you made a new friend! Yay you! :bg:

We actually met for lunch today... had a loooong Twilight chit chat over burgers and chips :bg:
Niphredil Wrote:*wanders in*

NILPHY!!!! WOW! How are you? Long time no see. No teal text any more Wink

Quote:I only talk about Twilight with people from work, too.

LOL! That's a shame your workmates are on the anti-Twilight team. Mine are great, the younger girls are your typical tween fangirlss; and us older ones are tweens at heart, who are suckers *hehe, pun!* for a good romance/fantasy story.

Quote:I picked up Twilight about three weeks ago. I was instantly drawn into the world, and I was interested enough to read the other books. And buy the movie. And the soundtrack....

You should invest in the OST: The Score. It's excellent.

I totally agree with your two points in the spoilers. :cheergirl:
[SIZE=2]Keeper of Cole and The Cullen Men

"Once the Queen's dead the King's useless . . . maybe he's too depressed to fight; he really loved her you know"
[/SIZE]
Luthien_001 Wrote:You should invest in the OST: The Score. It's excellent.

I agree... I do wish 'Let me Sign' was on the Soundtrack though. I wonder why it wasn't included!!
Rain Wrote:We actually met for lunch today... had a loooong Twilight chit chat over burgers and chips :bg:
Cool beans!

Say, has anyone read The Host by SM yet? My sister in law loves it, and a friend was raving. I've not gotten to it yet, but I'm interested.

So whose got the tap with the "bloody mary's". I'll bring the tim tams
:crazy: If at first you dont succeed, skydiving may not be for you! :crazy:
So how's things? Smile
It was certainly a Monday for me. :lol:
I hope it's been a good one for all of you! :hello:

Doncoriel Wrote:Remember when we used to serve "Lorien Mist" in the "Green Dragon"...Now it's "Bloody Mary's" in "Fangs & Fur"... We're not in the shire anymore, Phred. :alien: :bg:

Yeah, I wonder about that too... Why the huge rush? Are they afraid the fandom is short-lived and want to capitalize while they can? It's not like they have child actors that are going to outgrow the role if they don't hurry.

Hi Doni! The Shire was nice, but I do love being in the shady, cool woods... :love:

I do wish they wouldn't rush with the movies. I just can't think of a reason why they would. Of course, you know, if they rush the movies and finish them and then delay them for nine months like Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince I'm going to be very put out.... Confusedtupid:

Luthien_001 Wrote:NILPHY!!!! WOW! How are you? Long time no see. No teal text any more Wink

LOL! That's a shame your workmates are on the anti-Twilight team. Mine are great, the younger girls are your typical tween fangirlss; and us older ones are tweens at heart, who are suckers *hehe, pun!* for a good romance/fantasy story.

You should invest in the OST: The Score. It's excellent.

I totally agree with your two points in the spoilers. :cheergirl:

Hi Luthy! I forgot all about my teal text! Oopsies!

Yeah, it gets frustrating not having anyone to talk to. My mom usually gets into whatever I'm reading (Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, etc.) so I guess I'll get her to watch the movie sometime... but I just know she'll make fun of it.

I just got a Best Buy reward coupon thingy in the mail the other day, so I may have to pick up the score. I'm torn between getting that and Australia, though...

Rain Wrote:So I'm guessing you didn't like them at all :wink:

Oh, not at all! And I keep listening to the soundtrack and watching the movie over and over and over and over, just to see if my feelings change....

I think the only song I don't like is "Going all the Way." And I've been going through the special features on my dvds... I love the one that shows Rob improvising his own music during the lullaby scene. He's such a talented musician.
Niphredil Wrote:Oh, not at all! And I keep listening to the soundtrack and watching the movie over and over and over and over, just to see if my feelings change....

I think the only song I don't like is "Going all the Way." And I've been going through the special features on my dvds... I love the one that shows Rob improvising his own music during the lullaby scene. He's such a talented musician.

I sympathise. I really hate the movie AND the soundtrack AND the score, but I keep hoping that if I watch the movie over and over and over again it might grow on me Smile I love the special features - I liked the deleted scene where Emmett tells Edward "Edward, she's not one of us". I wish they could have left it in the movie.
How is everyone? :hello:
Niphredil Wrote:Hi Doni! The Shire was nice, but I do love being in the shady, cool woods... :love:
Yes, it's always nice to get some new scenery! :cheergirl:

*Btw...are you a vampire or a werewolf? Wink

I am definately a vampire i have three dogs and when their wet they smell!!!!
Vampire or werewolf... That's a toughie. On the one hand, I like being clean and coifed. On the other, dogs can be so sweet and cuddly!

But I would rather be cold than hot (especially considering the near-hundred degree weather we've been having... it's horrible! It's just horrible!). Vampire it is.

Two, two vampires on this thread! Bwahahaha...
Has to be vampire...I'm REALLY not into the having-to-carry-your-clothes-tied-around-your-ankle thing!! And I've always been more into vampire lore than werewolf.
Finally have a day of work. Cant decide what domestic chore to tackle first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just looking at release dates, we here at the bottom of the world, will see it 2 weeks later than everyone else. So not fair!!
Niphredil Wrote:Two, two vampires on this thread! Bwahahaha...
Do I feel a chill in the air? Wink

Rain Wrote:Has to be vampire...I'm REALLY not into the having-to-carry-your-clothes-tied-around-your-ankle thing!!
Heh-heh. Good point there. :lol:

But it's just a sacrifice to dignity one must be willing to make in order protect the world from bloodsucking fiends. :poke:

onwe Wrote:Just looking at release dates, we here at the bottom of the world, will see it 2 weeks later than everyone else. So not fair!!
Poor you. Confusedorry:

Doncoriel Wrote:Do I feel a chill in the air? Wink

Heh-heh. Good point there. :lol:

But it's just a sacrifice to dignity one must be willing to make in order protect the world from bloodsucking fiends. :poke:

Poor you. Confusedorry:

Even when it does come out I dont like all that queing and stressing about getting a good seat. So I would normally wait a week and try and see it when all the silly girls are at school!!!!!

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eliza Dushku in "Open Graves" on Syfy Th. 10/27 @ 1 AM august 6 1,894 October 21st, 2011, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Eliza Dushku open to a True Lies 2 august 2 1,654 August 1st, 2011, 06:38 PM
Last Post: august
  True Blood --Season 3 discussion - SPOILERS EDSEL_PK 32 2,603 September 21st, 2010, 08:46 AM
  "Not Fade Away" Discussion Here! Boomstick 33 2,918 August 20th, 2007, 05:22 PM
Last Post: Afiriel
  this show .... (some Cordy discussion/complaining) Unregistered 54 3,112 August 14th, 2007, 03:50 PM
  Questions/Discussion on "The First" august 9 787 July 18th, 2007, 05:27 PM
  "The Grudge 2" Info Thread august 11 1,056 October 29th, 2006, 08:31 PM
  SMG in Southland Tales-info thread Boomstick 0 386 December 22nd, 2005, 01:20 AM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Angel Episode Discussion for 5/5/04 (spoilers) Akasha 7 679 May 11th, 2004, 06:06 AM
Last Post: porkchopsandwiches
  Angel Finale Spoiler Thread august 1 522 March 23rd, 2004, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Venefice