***Fangs & Fur*** OT Discussion Thread Open!
onwe Wrote:Even when it does come out I dont like all that queing and stressing about getting a good seat. So I would normally wait a week and try and see it when all the silly girls are at school!!!!!

Oh heck no... I couldn't wait 2 extra weeks and then another God-only-knows-how-long-untiul-all-the-teenage-girls-calm-down to watch the movie. I am going to be there at the first viewing...probably in the front row so I'll be the first one watching it :jester: I honestly don't know whether there will be a craze over it here. Very few people I talk to have seen the movie, let alone read the books. I'm sorry - all my friends are imbeciles Rolleyes
:thud: REMEMBER: When I'm queen, things WILL be different.
Yes all my friends are imbeciles. I only have one twilight buddy my age. I cannot share with my teenage daughter as I think i have spoilt the illustion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:crazy: If at first you dont succeed, skydiving may not be for you! :crazy:
onwe Wrote:Just looking at release dates, we here at the bottom of the world, will see it 2 weeks later than everyone else. So not fair!!

And if the release dates are anything like last year then Aussie will be a week ahead of NZ. Though last year my cinema had a special screening of Twilight the same day as the Aussie release which was awesome, I got the night off and watched it with all the teen girls - was fun :wink:

So where in Aussie are you? If you don't mind me asking.

First trailer will be released this weekend for the MTV awards. Keep an eye out
[SIZE=2]Keeper of Cole and The Cullen Men

"Once the Queen's dead the King's useless . . . maybe he's too depressed to fight; he really loved her you know"
[/SIZE]
I am in FNQueensland. To day is cold, a low 20.
Luthien_001 Wrote:First trailer will be released this weekend for the MTV awards. Keep an eye out

Drat!! I don't think we'll get it here!! Will have to catch it on youtube. I can't get enough of New Moon at the moment aaaargggh!!
onwe Wrote:I am in FNQueensland. To day is cold, a low 20.

:fright: That's nothing. It's snowing here in Wellington, first time in 30 years! "Low 20s" is tropical for these parts. :laugh:
[SIZE=2]Keeper of Cole and The Cullen Men

"Once the Queen's dead the King's useless . . . maybe he's too depressed to fight; he really loved her you know"
[/SIZE]
Luthien_001 Wrote::fright: That's nothing. It's snowing here in Wellington, first time in 30 years! "Low 20s" is tropical for these parts. :laugh:

Yikes...snow!! I've never really seen snow...at least not up close and personal. It's bloomin' hot here... I took the boys out for a pinic yesterday at 10am for Heaven's sakes and I got sunburnt...can you believe that!! It's in the 30s degrees Celsius. It goes into the 40s by July and August... absolutely terrible.
I live in the midwest US so we get snow most every year. But now it's upwards of 90F. If I had a choice I'd order 70F with a cool breeze. Smile
[COLOR="Teal"]We are not the same persons this year as last; nor are those we love.
It is a happy chance if we, changing, continue to love as a changed person. [/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]-W. Somerset Maugham[/SIZE]
Here in the tropics we never see snow either. But eldest is of skiing in New Zealand South Island in June.
I've never been skiing. Done a bunch of sledding down bumpy hills... Does that count? Wink
[COLOR="Teal"]We are not the same persons this year as last; nor are those we love.
It is a happy chance if we, changing, continue to love as a changed person. [/COLOR]

I have never actually skied on snow. Only dry training slopes and even then it did not fit the description of skiing, you know stood upright etc. I was mostly fallen over and laughing. My better half tried to get me on those ski chairs I kept missing and falling on my noggin.
onwe Wrote:I have never actually skied on snow. Only dry training slopes and even then it did not fit the description of skiing, you know stood upright etc. I was mostly fallen over and laughing. My better half tried to get me on those ski chairs I kept missing and falling on my noggin.
:bounce: I'm very sure I'd do no better.

btw- I came across some fun fanart for Alice.
You can search the site by character and see some pretty cool stuff digital artists have come up with. Smile

Hey people! :wave: How are ya?

FYI-saw the trailer for New Moon when attending Transformers. Bells looked pathetic, as is to be expected, and the werewolf shifting looked cooler than I'd dare hope. Go Jacob!

Could anyone explain where the bible belt is in the USA?
It's not an exact location to pinpoint, but here's a link that may shed some light. click here

I thought I'd give you guys something to laugh at. (Me!)

[Image: 3879927658_967de5bebb.jpg]

Here's some of my recent rubber stamp and clay work inspired by Twilight.
Created from sketches of my own, transferred to rubber stamp material, hand-carved by me, stamped into polymer clay, and decorated with paints, pastels, mica powders, etc...
Eventually I will use them as tiles to decorate a theme box, but I have not the time at the moment.
You can Click Here to see more uploaded for your humor.
(A lot of repetitive shots, as I was having some trouble with the lighting reflecting off the granite island I chose to lay them out on.)

Go ahead, laugh out loud! :wink:

What's the one that looks like a feather on the lower right-hand side?

It's all very nice, Doni. I truly admire your artistic gumption as much as your abilities. They eyes are very impressive!
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
The one that looks like a feather is...well...actually, it is a feather.
...Though apparently not a very good one. Rolleyes
(The intention is a tie to the earthiness and spirit of the tribe, and to hint at the Native American cultural influence. The silver clay I chose to imprint the stamp into was not perhaps the best for the image.)

*FYI: The small square is simply a texture piece, so don't try to make anything out of that one. The lines remind me both of cuts and of broken glass, both of which in turn remind me of Bella at the studio. Go figure.

Thanks! The first eye was fun to carve. The second, not quite as much, since I was focused on matching the original instead of freely creating. But I think they turned out.

Doncoriel Wrote:The one that looks like a feather is...well...actually, it is a feather.
...Though apparently not a very good one. Rolleyes
(The intention is a tie to the earthiness and spirit of the tribe, and to hint at the Native American cultural influence. The silver clay I chose to imprint the stamp into was not perhaps the best for the image.)

No, no. It looks like a feather, but I wasn't certain what the representation was supposed to be along with the other pieces. That actually makes a good deal of sense, and works nicely. I like it.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eliza Dushku in "Open Graves" on Syfy Th. 10/27 @ 1 AM august 6 1,925 October 21st, 2011, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Eliza Dushku open to a True Lies 2 august 2 1,670 August 1st, 2011, 06:38 PM
Last Post: august
  True Blood --Season 3 discussion - SPOILERS EDSEL_PK 32 2,620 September 21st, 2010, 08:46 AM
  "Not Fade Away" Discussion Here! Boomstick 33 2,925 August 20th, 2007, 05:22 PM
Last Post: Afiriel
  this show .... (some Cordy discussion/complaining) Unregistered 54 3,128 August 14th, 2007, 03:50 PM
  Questions/Discussion on "The First" august 9 792 July 18th, 2007, 05:27 PM
  "The Grudge 2" Info Thread august 11 1,061 October 29th, 2006, 08:31 PM
  SMG in Southland Tales-info thread Boomstick 0 390 December 22nd, 2005, 01:20 AM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Angel Episode Discussion for 5/5/04 (spoilers) Akasha 7 683 May 11th, 2004, 06:06 AM
Last Post: porkchopsandwiches
  Angel Finale Spoiler Thread august 1 529 March 23rd, 2004, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Venefice