Renee O'Connor in Rio on April 18th
From her site:

Quote:Hello, Brazil ! I am coming to you at last! This is going to be a small gathering, for lunch and an intimate Q&A.

18th APRIL 2009

We will be coming to you with more information soon.

Let's ROC RIO!

Details will be at http://reneeoconnorfanclub.com/news.html as they develop.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Mary D has fan photos from the event here. Some more are here.

Apparently tickets were quite pricey - I know someone will stal...errr...surf over here to correct me if I'm off by even one real (the Brazilian unit of currency) but they were something like $495, and only 15 fans or so attended. Which basically means that fans were willing to pay ROC the same fee she'd get for a convention appearance for a few hours, and she was kind enough to do it. Smile
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Usually it's illegal to pay someone $500 for a few hours of "intimate Q&A." :laugh:
At least she got lunch out of it. :hellohands:

(BTW, check out how sexy and curvy ROC has gotten in her "old" age, i.e. no longer playing a teenager.)
She's lookin' great, no doubt about it. BTW, is that how much actors make for Con appearances, upwards of $5000? I'm assuming they have to pay their own way there?
I honestly have no idea, but you'd think a plane ticket would be part of the package, especially for larger events where the convention organizers could get a good deal since they're flying dozens of people in. Somewhere in that range would make sense though - I think an actor can make $20,000 - $40,000 for a traditional guest appearance on a tv show, for maybe 4-5-6 days of work, so that would be along the same lines, for one day. Presumably the bigger the star, the bigger the fee. So Shatner and Nimoy and Stewart presumably get more than Koenig and Takei and Will Wheaton and Denise Crosby.

I do remember hearing that Ted Raimi drove to an appearance at Aggie Con, from LA to TX, but a) that was a completely fan/student-run event at ...what's the college there, Texas A&M? so a lower budget, and b) he had some vintage convertible that he wanted to be able to take on a long drive somewhere.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feb. 15th - Renee O'Connor's 's Birthday august 34 6,935 February 15th, 2021, 05:27 PM
Last Post: august
  Renee O'Connor to play Lady Macbeth again in October 2019! august 1 811 September 16th, 2019, 06:40 PM
  Happy Birthday to Mayfair51 - April 9th august 41 6,315 April 9th, 2019, 12:15 PM
  weekend of 11/27 - 18th anniversary of the last new Jack episode august 3 1,069 November 27th, 2018, 10:20 AM
  Legend of the Seeker fans holding April 26, 2012 Tweetathon Michael 0 1,096 April 22nd, 2012, 03:50 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Boogeyman 2 w/ Renee O'Connor on Syfy Sun. 11/27 @ 1 AM - and it's pretty good! august 18 4,000 November 21st, 2011, 02:38 AM
  Renee O'Connor in "2010: Moby Dick" on Syfy - Sun. 11/13 at 9 AM august 0 1,235 November 13th, 2011, 03:29 AM
  Renee O'Connor and Nicholas Brendon (Xander) at Convention in France 8/27-29 august 1 1,407 July 28th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Last Post: EDSEL_PK
  New Online LOTS promotion launched TODAY (April 26) Michael 2 784 April 27th, 2010, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Renee's short film, "Words Unspoken," wins award august 1 1,795 September 26th, 2009, 01:50 PM