Examiner says Harry and Ginny belong in list of top literary couples
Hm. I'm not sure I'm ready to go to the mat for this couple, but it's an interesting article. I do like the scene at the end of Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince, at Dumbledore's funeral, when Harry tries to tell Ginny he's breaking off with her and she says, "You're not going to do something noble and stupid...." (I'm pulling this off the top of my head for lack of time).

I just thought that line was exactly what the scene needed.

[indent]In defense of Harry and Ginny: Why they belong in the list of most romantic literary couples

For the second time in as many weeks, I find myself in the extraordinary position of defending my opinion on a literary topic: first, it was Stephen King's somewhat inflammatory but painfully truthful comments about Stephenie Meyer's writing ability (or lack, thereof); now, it's my decision to include Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley in my list of 5 most romantic literary couples.

What's funny is that, out of the couples on both lists, I assumed the Harry and Ginny one would be the LEAST controversial. I fully expected to be criticized for my snarky comments about Romeo and Juliet and, especially, Healthcliff and Cathy Earnshaw from the overwhelmingly beloved Wuthering Heights, but Harry and Ginny? If Voldemort himself had shown up at my door selling Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, I couldn't have been more surprised. [/indent]

Read the full article here.

It will be interesting to see how this couple comes together on the big screen. There are some interesting shots of Ginny in the last two movies when Harry is obsessing over Cho.
It looks more like a friendship more than a romantic.Confusedurprise:
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
Well, they do get more page time than Aragorn and Arwen, but... Sorry, can't say I back this up. Their "romance" was more a friendship with benefits. The characters have no chemistry at all.
Sheldon: I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.

~ The Big Bang Theory
Huh. Well, at least the woman qualifies it by saying it's subjective, because it really is. I prefer Ron and Hermione... we actually see their regard for each other growing throughout the series. Harry and Ginny have so little interaction before they finally do get together... like you said, Gee, they're more friends with benefits than an actual loving couple. Meh.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Actor Leslie Phillips, voice of Harry Potter Sorting Hat, dies aged 98 Michael 1 62 November 10th, 2022, 05:18 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Harry Potter vs Encanto badlands 3 380 March 2nd, 2022, 01:06 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Harry Potter exhibit badlands 0 276 February 20th, 2022, 09:43 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Slavery in Harry Potter badlands 1 355 February 7th, 2022, 09:33 PM
  Is Harry Potter really Moaning Myrtle? badlands 3 364 February 6th, 2022, 04:12 AM
  Harry Potter game badlands 2 1,032 March 14th, 2021, 11:18 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Harry Potter bar badlands 3 676 February 5th, 2021, 03:59 PM
  HBO Harry Potter reboot badlands 1 546 January 31st, 2021, 12:24 PM
  Harry Potter theories badlands 10 1,388 November 5th, 2018, 12:17 PM
Last Post: august
  Did Harry Potter die? badlands 3 778 November 5th, 2018, 12:12 PM
Last Post: august