Texting teen sent 14,528 text messages in a month
A US TEEN amazed her father by sending 14,528 text messages in December.

Reina Hardesty, 13, sent 500 text messages daily last month, giving her old man a phone bill longer than the Lord of the Rings.

Read the rest here.

Not really that much to the story, but I tried to run the numbers, and I think I might be wrong.

14,528 text messages over 31 days, figuring a 16 hours of awake time, is about 468.5 messages per day, or 29 messages per hour. That means 1 every two minutes.

Now that's dedication to texting!
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Upon analysis of the content of the 13-year-old girl's texts, 53.2 % of them consisted of "OMG!"
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Good grief! Color me amazed. :jawdrop: I wouldn't want that bill.
[COLOR="Teal"]We are not the same persons this year as last; nor are those we love.
It is a happy chance if we, changing, continue to love as a changed person. [/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]-W. Somerset Maugham[/SIZE]
august Wrote:Upon analysis of the content of the 13-year-old girl's texts, 53.2 % of them consisted of "OMG!"

okay that one really did make me laugh out loud Smile We need a drink-spitting smilie.

And aaagh.... 14,528 messages! ...time for the Future Carpal Tunnel Victims of America Club? Can there be so much to say about her life every day?
Can't sleep. Clowns will eat me.
Dixieberry Wrote:okay that one really did make me laugh out loud Smile We need a drink-spitting smilie.

And aaagh.... 14,528 messages! ...time for the Future Carpal Tunnel Victims of America Club? Can there be so much to say about her life every day?

Quote:She wondered what the hell he was banging on about because she had unlimited texting and it only cost him $30. Otherwise she would have saddled him with a bill for $2900.
So, like, it's all good.

I thought texting usually involved thumbs. Maybe in due course an affliction called texter's thumb will be described in the medical journals.

RR my calc's agree w/ yours.

oops, you've now invoked the spirit of ABBA & I feel a song coming on...
Confuseding:
texting teen
feel her beat on the cellphone screen o yeah
O.M.G.
she can text -ah-
having no time for a life
ooooh
see that kid
watch'n her screen
pathetic texting teen! :whistle: :music:
Many Defeats & Many Fruitless Victories Memoirs Gateway
For I was talking aloud to myself...the old...choose the wisest person present to speak to...
:wow: oh Alvin that was so unfair now I have to clean the pepsi off my screen :lol:

Unbelievable....I guess the US cell phone companies dont have a fair use clause?

:whistle:
goes off whistling Texting Queen

cheers
Stripe
[SIZE="2"]The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams[/SIZE]
Doncoriel Wrote:Good grief! Color me amazed. :jawdrop: I wouldn't want that bill.

Fortunately, according to the article, she had the unlimited texting option.

Excellent work on the "Texting Teen" reference. I laughed out loud. No, literally. I laughed out loud. Like this: :bounce:
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Stripe Wrote::wow: oh Alvin that was so unfair now I have to clean the pepsi off my screen :lol:

Agreed! Smile Now get that freakin' song outta my head!!

Hey lookie... OMG we do have a spitting laugh smilie: :drink:
When in doubt, check the smilie list... :ashamed:

Alvin, I think there is a specific texter's thumb type affliction in the med. journals already. I said carpal tunnel b/c really it's all part of that repetitive motion injury category. Carpals = cluster of wrist bones, through which medial nerves to the thumb run. Same pathway, in other words, and same result in terms of symptoms.

If you feel like a little light reading on the topic Wink :

Quote:Carpal tunnel syndrome occurs when the median nerve, which runs from the forearm into the hand, becomes pressed or squeezed at the wrist. The median nerve controls sensations to the palm side of the thumb and fingers (although not the little finger), as well as impulses to some small muscles in the hand that allow the fingers and thumb to move. The carpal tunnel - a narrow, rigid passageway of ligament and bones at the base of the hand - houses the median nerve and tendons. Sometimes, thickening from irritated tendons or other swelling narrows the tunnel and causes the median nerve to be compressed. The result may be pain, weakness, or numbness in the hand and wrist, radiating up the arm. Although painful sensations may indicate other conditions, carpal tunnel syndrome is the most common and widely known of the entrapment neuropathies in which the body's peripheral nerves are compressed or traumatized.
(source: the guvmint)
Can't sleep. Clowns will eat me.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SF Fandom turns 20 years old this month Michael 0 361 March 2nd, 2021, 10:07 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Solar-powered boat soon to finish 18-month round-world voyage Michael 0 923 February 5th, 2012, 04:56 PM
  New study alleges teen pregnancy tied to television Michael 52 2,732 January 1st, 2009, 11:09 AM
Last Post: inked
  Teen Sex-ting RobRoy 0 677 December 12th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  Leader rails at teen breast implants gift fad RobRoy 2 714 October 14th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Last Post: EDSEL_PK
  Nicole and Keith's last evening together before 2-month break Michael 0 1,129 September 16th, 2007, 04:05 PM
  T9 predictive text... nickel 2 523 December 8th, 2006, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Fazza
  Kidman launches breast cancer month Friday September 29 Stripe 0 561 September 29th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Last Post: Stripe
  Depression tied to risky teen sex RobRoy 8 956 August 7th, 2006, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Coconut Ent
  60th anniversery - although not a happy one & 1 month on Kwik silver 44 9 846 February 1st, 2005, 02:18 PM
Last Post: RobRoy