Finally got Cleo DVD...AUSSUM
Just came back to say I finally got round to ordering Cleo. Really nice. Haven't watched this in YEARS...its been that long? :wave:
Okay SCREAM. Joy and Enlightenment [NO LONGER] await you Sunday mornings 5AM USA StarGate Channel
Hey! Great to see you here! :hug: :hellohands:

So tell us what you thought of the dvd set, the extras,etc. Any new insights? Anything you had forgotten?
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Nice! I haven't watched the show in a long time, either. Good to see you back!
Extras? um...didn't think of that. [Image: banghead.gif]

I got Bab5 too, and that's what I've been watching.

But I did stay at Atlantis for two cleopisodes. Mind Games too (no...the one where Raina is let out to fight baileys). haa I saw the bailey dive into the water at the end, and then I HAD to watch Helen Highwater!! :bg: :bg:
Okay SCREAM. Joy and Enlightenment [NO LONGER] await you Sunday mornings 5AM USA StarGate Channel
And thanks fellas/fellattes its nice to be home and rescued. I love my Cleo. Funny, yea its double sided which is lame but the Cleo box, 3D cover, and the package slips out is the *best* of all the DVDs I got, and I got alot.

:hellohands:
Welcome to the club of Cleo DVD ownership. Smile I got my set as well very recently.
I have a nice long list of things I noticed this time around.
UM#333 Kea - Keeper of the sayings:

"You must have been the smartest one in your village."

"Houston, we have a problem!"
"Who's Houston?"
I don't like those double sided DVDs, but I never had any trouble with the Cleo ones.
I for one HATE double sided DVD’s. I wish they would have just put the eps on single disks.

I actually had a problem with my DVD set. I got mine new and the ep Hel and Highwater part 2 would freeze, skip and stop playing.
But I have to say hats off to the DVD company. I wrote them and they sent me everything so I could get a replacement disk. So there are still some companies that pride themselves on customer service. Smile
So now I’m a happy Cleo DVD owner. Smile

Also did anyone else notice they changed some of the songs?

"Who's Houston?"
Kea Wrote:Also did anyone else notice they changed some of the songs?

What songs were changed?

BTW, if I recall correctly, the theme song in the pilot and in subsequent weeks was ever so slightly different.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !

"Who's Houston?"
That song was definitely in the ep - was it not in the dvd version?

"Who's Houston?"
[Image: eek.gif]

kea::
Quote:And they forgot to add a deleted scene. When they aired Home and Rescue back to back they showed a scene of Rose (Sarge) ready to be taken by the ballies and she runs into the woods, leaves her sister. The ballies hunt after her and she opens a hatch and disappears underground. That deleted scene was not on the DVD. I wonder why considering they had aired it on TV.
The original TV airing? I saw the series on SciFi Channel but was the original on something called USA Channel ... I forgot. I don't recall this scene on SciFi. Wow!!!
Quote:The original TV airing? I saw the series on SciFi Channel but was the original on something called USA Channel ... I forgot. I don't recall this scene on SciFi. Wow!!!-Lexx_Luthor
I know for a fact it was not the original TV airing. Cleo played on what used to be WB.
I never saw the show on Sci-fi.

It was a repeat and I think it was one of those rare times Cleo aired were I lived during prime time and for a 1 hour period.
The scene seemed added to cover up that Cleo was only a half hour long show back then.
I only saw them air it once as a back to back ep.
I remember posting about it on official board oh so long ago.

It was a good scene because it tied the two eps together and it shows a young Rose, how she left, why she left. But leaves the question open of how did she know about the hatch? Or why the ballies wanted Rose at such a young age?

It was a short clip but I really think they should have added that to the DVD set. I was really surprised it did not turn up.

"Who's Houston?"
Lexx_Luthor Wrote:I saw the series on SciFi Channel but was the original on something called USA Channel ... I forgot.

Kea Wrote:Cleo played on what used to be WB. I never saw the show on Sci-fi.

If you saw it on Sci-Fi, that's some dedication - if I recall correctly, apart from the first 6 episodes, it ran at 5 AM on Sunday mornings on Sci-Fi! :clap: :bg:

But yeah, while it was produced by Studios USA (who were owned by the same people that owned the USA network) it ran on different channels locally, just like Judge Judy or Wheel of Fortune or reruns of I Love Lucy. So for Kea it was on her local WB, for me it was on my local Fox station, and when I went 2 hrs. away tothe beach,it was on their UPN station. That's the wholeideaofsyndication - they sell the show directly to local stations, bypassing the networks and hopefully making more $$. And then the local stations air it whenever they have an open slot - sometimes in primetime if it's an independent station w/no network programming, sometimes at 5 or 6PM, and sometimes at 1 AM.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nice Cleo video august 0 653 January 30th, 2018, 11:31 AM
Last Post: august
  Sept. 30th - Happy Birthday to Christelle Williams (HTLJ + Cleo actress) august 2 2,271 September 30th, 2012, 03:26 PM
  "Run Cleo Run" Song Switch Boomstick 5 1,254 June 7th, 2010, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Here is the International Seeker Fan Video (Finally!) Michael 0 831 June 3rd, 2010, 05:16 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Cleo reunion at 2010 convention! Feb. 7, 2010 in LA Mr. Pants 2525 33 4,062 May 26th, 2010, 01:08 AM
Last Post: Kea
  LMRS, Sundancer, Bailey (jtr-at-ykt) the G-Man and August discuss the origins of Cleo august 6 2,070 October 6th, 2009, 10:02 AM
  Cleo writer Carl Ellsworth pens remakes of Red Dawn, Last House on the Left august 12 2,317 August 23rd, 2009, 04:30 PM
  updates on Cleo directors, incl. Greg Yaitanes, who just won an Emmy! august 19 2,134 March 16th, 2009, 07:02 PM
  You know you've seen Cleo 2525 too many times... Darkamber 30 2,273 December 19th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Mr. Pants 2525
  How did you discover Cleo? august 17 1,611 December 14th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Last Post: Mr. Pants 2525