How to save money in 2009 - Money Saving Tips
Thanks to the Great Recession of 2008-2009, even those of us who are fortunate enough to still have jobs are looking for ways to save money. For example, we were able to buy a tankful of gas for just $1.199 last week because my girlfriend and I have been accumulating purchase credit from a local grocery store chain.

We earned a 40-cent per gallon discount. One lady in line ahead of us earned a 60-cent per gallon discount. Whoa!

It's been a long, long time since I've been able to fill my car's tank up for less than $15. And that experience got me to thinking about all the ways that we have been saving money this year, as well as a few ways I wish we could have saved money.

So I wrote an article today that provides 9 detailed tips on how you can save money in 2009. For some families the savings should amount to several hundred dollars per month, but even single people should realize significant savings. Guys, you can still take your girlfriends out to dinner and enjoy movies without spending a fortune. You can have your car washed every week for a fraction of what the automated car washes cost you.

And I'm not even trying to sell these tips. I'm just giving them away for free to anyone.

All you have to do is read this Xenite.Org Feature Article:
Money Saving Tips - How To Save Money in 2009

I wish I could say these ideas would help everyone in other countries, but I don't know enough about other countries to say what will work and what won't. Still, maybe the article will inspire people to be creative about ways to actually save money, reduce their monthly expenses, and not have to give up the things they love: nice food, nice clothes, a night out on the town, clean cars, etc.

Check it out and let me know what you think here.
Michael Wrote:For example, we were able to buy a tankful of gas for just $119.9 last week because my girlfriend and I have been accumulating purchase credit from a local grocery store chain.

I'm assuming that's $11.99? :bg:
Ack! Okay, I've edited the number to be right. That was one dollar and 19 cents and 9/10ths of a cent per gallon.

Round up to $1.20 per gallon for a tank of gas.
Oh! Nice! I'll have to look into something like that!