tolkien books that would make good movies
I always thought what happened after the Hobbit with war between the goblins and dwarves would be a good movie or what happened in the mines of Moria. I would also like to see a movie about when the Legolas' father refused to pay dwarves for services which resulted in the dwarves hiring goblins to conquer the forest for them.
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
As far as actual books, I would like to see a movie based on Farmer Giles of Ham or Smith of Wooten Major.

As far as the vast history of ME, Beren and Luthien comes to mind as having the most potential.
Sheldon: I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.

~ The Big Bang Theory
GamgeeFest Wrote:As far as the vast history of ME, Beren and Luthien comes to mind as having the most potential.
Beren and Luthien sounds good to me!
At one point I'd read rumors that the Children of Hurin might be a possibility, but I guess nothing ever came of that.
[COLOR="Teal"]We are not the same persons this year as last; nor are those we love.
It is a happy chance if we, changing, continue to love as a changed person. [/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]-W. Somerset Maugham[/SIZE]
I always thought "they" (the entertainment PTB) could always come up with some cool Middle Earth themed television series. When I re-read The Sil, I thought it would make a good series of some sort. There's a lot in there, but like Gamgee and Doni said above, particular stories like 'Beren and Luthien' would be cool
[SIZE=2]Keeper of Cole and The Cullen Men

"Once the Queen's dead the King's useless . . . maybe he's too depressed to fight; he really loved her you know"
[/SIZE]
Luthien_001 Wrote:I always thought "they" (the entertainment PTB) could always come up with some cool Middle Earth themed television series. When I re-read The Sil, I thought it would make a good series of some sort.
That's a great idea!
...It might be painful to see Maedhros get his hand cut off, but I find Feanor's sons interesting, so I'd like to see some of their story.
[COLOR="Teal"]We are not the same persons this year as last; nor are those we love.
It is a happy chance if we, changing, continue to love as a changed person. [/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]-W. Somerset Maugham[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The original Thundercats cartoon inspiration by Tolkien badlands 1 85 June 16th, 2020, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Alvin Eriol
  Casting of Tolkien's Lost tales and Simarils badlands 0 230 June 6th, 2020, 02:20 AM
Last Post: badlands
  Thank goodness, Disney didn’t make the LOTR movies badlands 0 91 May 27th, 2020, 05:55 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Christopher Tolkien passed away this morning Michael 3 950 January 25th, 2020, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Mordomin
  Did the Rangers make the paths in the Old Forest? Mordomin 4 307 December 3rd, 2019, 11:19 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Did Tolkien get some of inspiration for his stories from Japanese myths/ fairytales badlands 2 446 July 13th, 2019, 12:21 PM
  Tolkien the movie badlands 4 529 July 13th, 2019, 11:28 AM
  The Tolkien Family Distances Itself from the "Tolkien" Biopic Michael 4 524 May 11th, 2019, 06:59 PM
Last Post: GamgeeFest
  J.R.R. Tolkien vs Hilaire Belloc Michael 4 595 April 22nd, 2019, 01:24 PM
Last Post: august
  Legion M is organizing fan events for "Tolkien" the Movie Michael 0 355 April 21st, 2019, 09:41 PM