Fanboy gift guide for 2008
In December of 1977, all I really wanted for Christmas was a lightsaber, just like the ones that the Jedi Knights used in "Star Wars." I did find one waiting for me under the tinsel-covered tree that year but, sadly, instead a fearsome weapon, it was a black flashlight with a flimsy plastic tube stuck on top. The disappointment, even for an 8-year-old, was a bitter one.

I'm guessing that the person who spent $240,000 at a Calabasas Hills auction last week to take home the lightsaber prop used by actor Mark Hamill in "Star Wars" possesses a similar childhood memory... and a much bigger bank account. But you don't need to be a millionaire these days to get your hands on quality fanboy treasures; we live in the golden era of gadgets and geeky totems and if you need the perfect gift for a fan of sci-fi or comics, well, I have the droids you're looking for.

Read the rest here.

While Kirk's command chair from TOS is interesting, I find the Lego Death Star the better gift.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2008 Country Music Association Nominations missferal 5 1,021 November 16th, 2008, 01:10 AM
Last Post: StuckOnSorbo
  Michael Martinez for U.S. President 2008 - Confirming my candidacy Michael 10 840 September 15th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Fantasy
  Leader rails at teen breast implants gift fad RobRoy 2 714 October 14th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Last Post: EDSEL_PK
  TV Guide subscriber? smthrh 1 469 September 5th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Last Post: Michael
  SF Gift Bag Pherthon 3 414 February 2nd, 2004, 08:32 PM
Last Post: moif
  how many books in the hitchikers guide trilogy? 0 67 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: