Star Wars: The Clone Wars - "Lair of Grievous" Review
December 15, 2008 - This was one of those episodes that qualifies as "decent." Nothing outright bad about it, but nothing to really stand out either. Which is too bad, as there was potential here for something really cool.

I have to give the writers credit for not ignoring what's been going on in the series. Last week, Asajj Ventress was taken to task for her recent failures, which was good to see. But it is General Grievous who has served as the main villain in The Clone Wars so far, even as he fails every single time we see him. While I'm not one of those really bothered by his portrayal in Revenge of the Sith -- I know many wish her were a bigger bad *** – if he is to be a credible enemy for the 100 or so episodes this series is intended to go, he needs to actually win sometimes. So it was certainly nice to have this episode center around Count Dooku feeling Grievous needed to be taught a lesson and prove his worth, purposely leading Republic troops and Jedi to his lair in order to force him to defend himself.

There were definitely some nice moments along the way here. I liked how Grievous had his legs sliced off in his first battle with Kit Fisto and his former apprentice, Nahdar Vebb, only to keep fighting - scurrying across the ceiling and floor like a spider. There was also the Temple of Doom type death of a Clone Trooper, who fell through a trap door into lave, where he promptly disintegrated. And while there was no true information given on Grievous' back story, the statues he kept of himself in his earlier, more organic days, were nice visual nods to his history – and the moment where his mask was being removed and he screamed in apparent pain was certainly intriguing.

Read the rest here.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
I just saw the previous episode and I agree you have to see the bad guys win once in a while so they won't be a joke when you see them.
I can imagine quite a bit.
When they saw all the masks of Grevious I was reminded of how Harry found the Goblin's stuff at the end of Spider-Man 2. I agree with the review that everyone unimportant died but Kit Fisto but since Kit Fisto is around in Revenge of the Sith, we know that. I agree we should have invested some time with Nahdar before he gets killed.

Well can't wait till January 2nd now for the next episode.
I can imagine quite a bit.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Star Wars amusement park badlands 2 219 April 13th, 2022, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Disney Star Wars/ Kiss rock band Halyx badlands 1 280 January 13th, 2022, 03:59 PM
  Star Wars cruiser badlands 1 301 December 29th, 2021, 03:25 PM
  'Star Wars' Not Opened From Steam! MagnusMoore 1 436 September 3rd, 2021, 02:01 PM
  Video: Fans remember seeing 'Star Wars' in 1977 Michael 3 596 August 29th, 2021, 03:21 PM
Last Post: rkomar
  Star Wars Books namesarehard 2 626 November 14th, 2020, 01:44 AM
  Star Wars video / computer games badlands 1 739 July 18th, 2020, 08:52 PM
  Video: Star Wars Like You Have Never Seen It Before Michael 0 572 July 9th, 2020, 08:55 PM
  Video: Happy Life Day, Star Wars Fans! Michael 0 770 December 26th, 2019, 02:00 AM
  Video: Trailer for "Star Wars 9" (Rey fights Kilo Ren) Michael 1 658 December 9th, 2019, 01:33 PM
Last Post: Irene