OT: Hollywood Actors Eye Strike Action
Here is the link to the article...don't want anyone to get in to trouble, especially me!!

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/entertainment/5204975

Minds are like parachutes, they only work when open.

Life is the quality of the Journey, not the Destination.

'Don't speak unless you can improve on the silence.' Spanish Proverb.

:hug:

SoS
Thank you for sharing, SOS...:bug:
Mara
One should never give up, ever! (Kevin Sorbo)
I know it's lame, but please be certainly to only post 1/4 of the entire article and then to link to the article (apologies if this is only 1/4 and the link was just forgotten). This is so that we stay within the Fair Use laws and avoid any issues with copyright.

Michael is allergic to lawsuits and I'm sure most of the rest of us are too! :bounce:

Thanks!
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
I have a feeling that the SAG members will vote no on this,but only because of the economic situation. I agree that they deserve to be paid well for any and all work they do,but at this time,I believe they would be better served to take the producers'offer-it may not be the best,but it would be better than a strike!

RobRoy,I read the article earlier and there wasn't any link that I remember.
Rhonda
member,OIKSFC
Kevin-#1
"what the world needs now is love"
Sorry, I got it wrong...there is a link now...I will refrain from posting such articles in future...

SoS
StuckOnSorbo Wrote:Sorry, I got it wrong...there is a link now...I will refrain from posting such articles in future...

Thanks SOS, and you weren't necessarily wrong. I'm just trying to keep everyone safe. Please don't stop posting articles. :goodjob:
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
gemini0521 Wrote:I have a feeling that the SAG members will vote no on this,but only because of the economic situation. I agree that they deserve to be paid well for any and all work they do,but at this time,I believe they would be better served to take the producers'offer-it may not be the best,but it would be better than a strike!

I agree with you Gem that they should vote "no" to strike action as everyone is having to tighten their belts at the moment but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they do decide to go on strike (I do realise that the majority of actors don't earn very much, but nor do many other professions). I'm sure there will be other years to go to the bargaining table.....
Very true Harmony, the economy is hitting many very hard, not just actors and many folks are underpaid for what they do!!!! I won't be surprised if the strike either. I guess we will find out in time.
RobRoy Wrote:Thanks SOS, and you weren't necessarily wrong. I'm just trying to keep everyone safe. Please don't stop posting articles. :goodjob:

Okay RobRoy...I know what to do in future...thank you for keeping everyone safe :wink:

SoS

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for Actors in all the (wrong TV) places Irene 3 197 December 12th, 2021, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Live action version of Anastasia badlands 1 233 November 5th, 2021, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Agaricus
  Actors that need a comeback badlands 1 299 January 31st, 2021, 12:19 PM
  What good historical roles can you think of for black actors? badlands 2 629 April 18th, 2019, 03:29 PM
Last Post: august
  Which actors do you believe were wrongly casts in roles? badlands 2 604 January 13th, 2019, 04:47 PM
  Asian actors badlands 1 578 November 22nd, 2018, 12:20 PM
  Child actors badlands 2 603 November 6th, 2018, 10:26 AM
  What actors would make good Biblical characters? badlands 3 693 April 10th, 2018, 11:32 AM
  Actors you think would make great voice actors badlands 1 511 March 13th, 2018, 11:34 AM
  Historical roles that would like to see your favorite actors in? badlands 0 526 February 22nd, 2018, 01:16 PM
Last Post: badlands