Nicole Kidman is queen of the flops
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
I don't think she's a box office draw anymore, if she ever was. I can't think of one film she's done that's been a big financial success, like summer blockbuster success. So her choices in films probably have a lot to do with it.

Australia looked interesting when I saw the trailer, in spite of the fact that it was a Nicole Kidman movie. But if I had actually considered seeing it, I would have changed my mind when I looked it up and found it was a three hour long Baz Luhrmann movie. Forget it.

Who wants to sit through a three hour movie in November, right as the holiday rush starts?
Boomstick Wrote:I don't think she's a box office draw anymore, if she ever was. I can't think of one film she's done that's been a big financial success, like summer blockbuster success. So her choices in films probably have a lot to do with it.

Well, there was Moulin Rouge, Batman Forever, The Hours, and Happy Feet. But nothing where she was a the only star, like Bewitched.

Quote:Who wants to sit through a three hour movie in November, right as the holiday rush starts?

Errr . . . fans of The Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter beg to differ. :laugh:

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
:lol: Being in the top 10 earners, out of, what, surely 60,000+ screen actresses in the US alone, perhaps as many a million or more worldwide, is languishing?
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
It is open season on Nicole Kidman and sales of buckshot have gone through the roof.

Pursued by the paparazzi, crucified by movie critics, the artist formerly known as "Nicole", "La Kidman" or "Our Nic" has become a tin duck in pop culture's shooting gallery.

She can't act. Pow! She can't justify her enormous pay packet. Blammo! Her forehead hasn't moved since Bill Clinton was in the White House. Ker-thwack!

Read the rest here.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nicole Kidman's Son To Star In "Red Dawn" Remake RobRoy 0 1,483 August 13th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  Bogart's "The African Queen" and Flynn's "Santa Fe Trail" Boomstick 9 1,154 April 9th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Nicole Kidman Denies Slating Australia Performance RobRoy 0 826 January 13th, 2009, 06:10 PM
  Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman: Australia in Madrid RobRoy 0 833 December 3rd, 2008, 12:24 PM
  Kidman 'not a movie star' RobRoy 0 771 December 3rd, 2008, 12:23 PM
  New interesting role for Nicole Kidman StuckOnSorbo 1 839 November 11th, 2008, 05:22 AM
Last Post: starchild
  Queen Margrethe of Denmark to write a screenplay Michael 3 423 September 10th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Nicole Kidman to play "Becca" in film version of "Rabbit Hole" Michael 0 1,441 October 17th, 2007, 01:32 AM
  Vanity Fair praises Nicole Kidman for "Margot at the Wedding" Michael 0 860 October 17th, 2007, 01:28 AM
  Nicole Kidman and Julia Roberts may co-star in "Monte Carlo" Michael 1 1,038 October 17th, 2007, 01:16 AM