New interesting role for Nicole Kidman
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Nicole Kidman as the world's first post-op transsexual, married to Charlize Theron ? You betcha.

The Australian actress will star in and produce "The Danish Girl ," based on the true story of Danish artists Einar and Greta Wegener. Their marriage took a sharp left turn after Einar (Kidman) stood in for a female model that Greta (Theron) was set to paint.

When their portraits become wildly popular in 1920s Copenhagen, Greta encouraged her husband to adopt the female guise. What began as a harmless game led Einer to a metamorphosis and landmark 1931 operation that shocked the world and threatened their love.

Anand Tucker ("Shopgirl") is attached to direct the feature, adapted by writer Lucinda Coxon ("Wild Target") from David Ebershoff's 2000 Viking bestseller. His debut novel of the same name is a fictionalized account of the Wegeners' true story.

Pre-production has begun on the indie film, but no details on a principal photography start date have been disclosed.

Both Kidman and Theron earned their best actress Oscars playing lesbian characters, in "The Hours" and " Monster ," respectively. Additionally, Kidman is attached to play Dusty Springfield in a biopic about the bisexual English singer.

Source: Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Minds are like parachutes, they only work when open.

Life is the quality of the Journey, not the Destination.

'Don't speak unless you can improve on the silence.' Spanish Proverb.

:hug:

SoS
I read about this in the press the other day and thought wow, this is going to be interesting but at the time, the article didnt state that her 'partner' would be Charlize Theron.
I admire both women as actors and while the role is certainly going to attract some not so flattering press (I'm sure) I wish them all the best.
Good night, sweet prince, and flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.
We miss you.

Starchild

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some interesting historical movies? badlands 2 589 April 30th, 2014, 10:15 AM
Last Post: august
  James Franco takes lead role in "Rise of the Apes" Michael 0 493 May 21st, 2010, 12:53 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Jemaine Clement negotiating for villain role in "Men in Black 3" Michael 0 512 May 19th, 2010, 11:17 PM
  Nicole Kidman's Son To Star In "Red Dawn" Remake RobRoy 0 1,518 August 13th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  evidence that no one role or film can ruin your career... august 2 513 February 4th, 2009, 03:21 PM
  Nicole Kidman Denies Slating Australia Performance RobRoy 0 852 January 13th, 2009, 06:10 PM
  Nicole Kidman is queen of the flops RobRoy 4 1,061 December 12th, 2008, 03:51 PM
  Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman: “Australia” in Madrid RobRoy 0 860 December 3rd, 2008, 12:24 PM
  Kidman 'not a movie star' RobRoy 0 796 December 3rd, 2008, 12:23 PM
  Nic's boy takes on film role starchild 0 1,247 April 27th, 2008, 04:44 AM
Last Post: starchild