Dark City, Anyone?
One of the nice things about Netflix is that every once in awhile, I come across a movie that I knew nothing about, and find a little gem.
This past week I watched a movie called Dark City, which came out about 10 years ago and was directed by Alex Proyas.

The movie was fascinating to me...very different in many ways. It's hard to say too much without giving it all away, but it starts with a man who wakes up to discover he is being accused of serial murders ( but no way is this a murder mystery!)

Has anyone seen this? Is it a "how could you not have heard of this" movie,
or a "seen it...hated it" movie? Any feedback would be appreciated! :wave:
" It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
It'll probably fall into that "how could you not have heard of this" category, but I haven't seen it yet, either, so don't feel too bad about it. :bg:

I've liked the films of his that I've seen, although I guess that's only "The Crow" and "I, Robot."
Yes! I've seen it. It's one of my all-time favorite movies, but I, too, stumbled across it accidentally. Did you watch the movie with the director's comments turned on? It's one of the rare commentaries that actually sheds light on the director's vision (rather than the usual "Yeah, we shot this with the xyz camera and the light was fading so we had to overexpose it" type comments). My DVD also has the movie with Roger Ebert commenting along the way -- also well worth listening to.
I've got to see if I can find that version...the one that I rented was the director's cut. The director did explain in one of the bonus features that the theatrical version was far from what he wanted. Apparently one major change involves removing a narrative from the beginning.

I might even buy this, worth it just from the aspect that it's so different.
Thanks for the tip, Calli.:wave:
(Boomstick, it's worth a rent...it seems that you are not averse to a little bit of "out of the ordinary" :crazySmile
" It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Calli Wrote:Yes! I've seen it.

Of course you've seen it! I recalled a brief discussion we had on the latest DVD release of the movie which is right here, if anyone is interested.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scary stories to tell in the dark badlands 1 450 July 13th, 2019, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Herculean the movie of the destroyed city badlands 1 454 July 13th, 2019, 11:22 AM
  Video: Trailer for "Dark Crimes" FilmGuy 0 338 April 14th, 2018, 01:28 PM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  It Grows Dark - a scfi fi short film The Inner Below 2 746 August 28th, 2016, 02:24 AM
  Dark Water, The Bringing, and Elisa Lam Space Marshal 0 518 November 11th, 2014, 01:23 AM
Last Post: Space Marshal
  Video: Trailer for "Beyond the Dark" FilmGuy 0 391 July 29th, 2014, 06:03 PM
  Video: Trailer for "Monsters: Dark Continent" FilmGuy 0 434 July 27th, 2014, 03:03 PM
  Videos: Trailers for "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For" FilmGuy 0 420 July 27th, 2014, 02:42 PM
  Videos: Trailers for "The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones" FilmGuy 0 469 July 14th, 2013, 12:38 PM
  transformers the dark side of the moon badlands 11 1,828 June 23rd, 2011, 01:37 AM