Washington Centerville, OH Library celebrates Tolkien Week
[indent]Tolkien Week begins Sunday, September 21 and ends on Saturday, September 27. The week is dedicated to the ambitious writings of J.R.R. Tolkien. If you have never read any of his books, The Hobbit is a great one to start with prior to reading the vast Lord of the Rings series. Then dive in to the series that has been revered, copied and even adapted for the silver screen. The series starts with The Fellowship of the Ring, followed by The Two Towers and ends with The Return of the King. Tolkien has many other works out there and the stories can be quite complicated. That is why there are numerous companion pieces which can be helpful to the reader. The Tolkien Companion by J.E.A. Taylor, Tolkien and the Invention of Myth edited by Jane Chance and A Tolkien Compass by Jared Lobdell are several such guides. Perhaps you are looking for works that celebrate Tolkien's vast collection of stories and his life. A Tolkien treasury and Tolkien: A Cultural Phenomenon honor the works of this illustrious author. Whether you are reading Tolkien's work for the first time or revisiting his world, check out some of these books throughout the week![/indent]

Source: http://wcplfineprint.blogspot.com/2008/0...21-27.html

I've already posted my annual rant about September 22 so all I want to say is that I hope any Tolkien fans in that part of Ohio take the time to visit the library and help them celebrate Tolkien Week.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christopher Tolkien passed away this morning Michael 2 586 January 17th, 2020, 03:22 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Did Tolkien get some of inspiration for his stories from Japanese myths/ fairytales badlands 2 263 July 13th, 2019, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Tolkien the movie badlands 4 343 July 13th, 2019, 11:28 AM
  The Tolkien Family Distances Itself from the "Tolkien" Biopic Michael 4 323 May 11th, 2019, 06:59 PM
Last Post: GamgeeFest
  J.R.R. Tolkien vs Hilaire Belloc Michael 4 357 April 22nd, 2019, 01:24 PM
Last Post: august
  Legion M is organizing fan events for "Tolkien" the Movie Michael 0 215 April 21st, 2019, 09:41 PM
  Marquette University Interviewing Tolkien Fans for Archive Michael 0 288 March 25th, 2019, 10:29 AM
  Nicholas Hoult will star in J.R.R. Tolkien Biopic Michael 4 620 February 4th, 2019, 02:51 PM
Last Post: august
  Tolkien’s life in South Africa badlands 1 185 January 28th, 2019, 08:02 PM
  Newsweek special about Tolkien badlands 1 200 August 22nd, 2018, 04:34 PM