Which character would have liketo meet?
I would like to have met Legolas even if I was a bad guy.I would have also like to have met Sauron even if I was good guy.
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
I would only like to meet Sauron if I was riding next to Orome the Great.

Gandalf and Aragorn, though. . . We would have a lot to discuss.
"What song the Sirens sang, or what name Achilles assumed when he hid himself among women, though puzzling questions are not beyond conjecture." - Sir Thomas Browne, Religio Medici
I've always considered Galadriel the most intriguing character in Middle Earth.

Plus, she's really hot.
Wrestling Darwin on a daily basis.

"Question boldly even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, He must more approve of the homage of reason than that of a blindfolded fear." -Thomas Jefferson
I would like to meet Frodo.

And I would like to ask him why he did it. Why he took the Ring to the Fire, what in his heart motivated him.

Because the easy road would have been to put on the Ring, return to the Shire, and let the Powers in Mordor, Gondor, and Rohan duke it out.

Frodo's determination to get the job done is an inspiration to us all (no least fanfic writers shirking their duties) but I would ask him: why not just put on the Ring and (attempt to) be a tyrant?
"Never ask an Elf for advice, for he will say both 'Yes' and 'No'." - Frodo Baggins to Gildor Inglorion
Sam. About 20 years after the return to the Shire when he has had time to gather the wisdom he so obviously lived by into words of a sort and had grandchildren to aid his reflections.
inked
"Aslan is not a tame lion. Safe?
No, he's not safe, but he's good."
CSL/LWW
Meet...That word makes the choice difficult for me.

There are any number of characters whom I would enjoy observing from another table at the banquet, or from the inconspicuous company of the outer circle of friends or hired hands. (Gandalf, Elrond, Galadriel, Aragorn, Boromir, Eomer, Theoden, Gimli, Logolas, etc...)

(After all, wouldn't it be interesting to be placed in Middle Earth as a merchant or a groom, etc, with the prior knowledge of the importance of this particular cast on the landscape of their world, and be able to watch how the characters interacted naturally?)

And there are characters I'd like to be.
As a woman I've always admired Galadriel, but her life would perhaps offer more power than is my ambition.
Eowyn is a very interesting, spirited character, but, I hesitate to say, she is perhaps a little too unstable for comfort.
Arwen gets the romance and relationship drama, and I think in the end I'd choose this character as my "wish to be," despite the grief and sacrifice.
(She does get the love and a beautiful story, and you can't escape life without a little grief.)

And I'll stay with the cast of women of ME to choose which character I'd like to meet, and say I'd like to chat with Rosie about the trials of being left behind, about life with Sam and as a mother, about her experiences and observations as a waitress.
The tales she could tell. Yes, I'd like to meet Rosie, please.
[COLOR="Teal"]We are not the same persons this year as last; nor are those we love.
It is a happy chance if we, changing, continue to love as a changed person. [/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]-W. Somerset Maugham[/SIZE]
Hey Doncoriel, long time, no see. Good to hear from you.
"What song the Sirens sang, or what name Achilles assumed when he hid himself among women, though puzzling questions are not beyond conjecture." - Sir Thomas Browne, Religio Medici
And you as well. Thank you. Smile
[COLOR="Teal"]We are not the same persons this year as last; nor are those we love.
It is a happy chance if we, changing, continue to love as a changed person. [/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]-W. Somerset Maugham[/SIZE]

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did anyone here meet or correspond with CRRT? Mordomin 2 488 February 4th, 2020, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Michael
  which character is more like you? badlands 10 1,135 September 12th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Last Post: Coconut Ent
  which character would you be good or bad? badlands 0 747 August 23rd, 2008, 10:17 PM
Last Post: badlands
  your favorite character and most one in the series and movie? badlands 11 1,160 June 10th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Last Post: wezan
  ~What is Your Favorite LOTR Character??? heroic_aragorn_lover 5 1,052 September 16th, 2006, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Mienna
  What LOTR Character do You Hate the MOst??? heroic_aragorn_lover 2 1,285 August 21st, 2006, 02:24 PM
Last Post: Kierriana
  least favorite character and why Alantriel the Elf 39 3,063 November 16th, 2005, 02:46 PM
Last Post: x__Emma
  Which character are you most like?? husborne 4 936 August 8th, 2005, 12:08 AM
Last Post: Alvin Eriol
  Favorite character? Unregistered 1 412 August 18th, 2004, 05:36 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  Best Character The Knight of Avalon 20 1,099 May 3rd, 2004, 02:46 PM
Last Post: ThePharoah