question re: I Am Legend (possible spoilers)
Hello to all,

I enjoyed the movie I Am Legend, both in the theater and on dvd...not something I would buy necessarily, but entertaining nonetheless.

However, one thing has been driving me crazy ( I could probably walk there, but...). Why was Will Smith sleeping in the bathtub with his dog? I thought it might be some kind of protection or precaution, but later on the folks who join him are using the beds. If anyone has any insight...or even opinions...it would be appreciated. :clap:
Post traumatic stress?
Smith's character bordered on the edge of sanity. He was a bit cracked, feeling such a great responsibility, having witnessed the death of his family (which likely resulted in "survivor's guilt"). Then there's the whole being alone for years thing.

It may have been simply for protection. He wouldn't have set up similar protections for other people, since there wasn't likely to be guests anytime soon. It may have also been a symptom of his mental state.

Likely all that and more.
Houston . . . we have a problem.
yes...that makes sense to me, especially when you include his relationship with the mannequins ( great little scene with Neville talking to the female mannequin . ) :clap:
" It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a movie about the life of the Rock and roll legend: Little Richard? badlands 2 468 January 24th, 2019, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Michael
  A movie about the Mexican legend of Popcatepatl and Iztaccihuatl badlands 2 423 February 7th, 2017, 03:47 PM
  The Legend of Korra badlands 3 406 May 12th, 2016, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Legend of the Seeker Fans Asking Sam Raimi for a Movie (again) FilmGuy 0 252 November 4th, 2014, 02:42 AM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  The Legend of Olwood - Full Movie legendofolwood 4 1,365 April 9th, 2013, 12:48 AM
Last Post: badlands
  Video: Trailer for "Legend of Olwood" FilmGuy 3 1,058 January 17th, 2012, 01:20 PM
  Kristin Kreuk, Michael Clark Duncan in "Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li" Michael 41 3,698 July 12th, 2011, 03:27 AM
Last Post: august
  Inception - Possible Spoilers GamgeeFest 1 592 August 10th, 2010, 04:14 AM
Last Post: Zagor
  Toy Story 3 - Mild Spoilers RobRoy 8 1,206 July 27th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  Knowing - A question and MAJOR SPOILERS RobRoy 3 591 June 1st, 2010, 09:40 AM
Last Post: RobRoy