Belated Birthday
I wasn't able to get online yesterday and missed the opportunity to send out Birthday greetings to the Great Lady(95) and to anyone else who born on this day. Later Kind Folks--Paul:bg:
Frontiers of any type, physical or mental are but a challenge to our breed. Nothing can stop th questing of man, not even man. If we will it, not only the wonders of space, but the very stars are ours
Paul G., you did better than I. I have never been good with dates, but thought it was tomorrow, the 19th. Thanks for remembering and posting it. I echo your birthday wishes to the Lady who has provided me with almost 50 years of literary pleasure.
Thank you Paul. Fond birthday remembrances for Ms. Norton, and best birthday wishes for all her friends who share her birth date.

A colleague of Ms. Norton passed on her birthday Sunday. Adele De Leeuw wrote many children's books, and her career was in several ways similar to the Lady's. http://www.lib.usm.edu/~degrum/html/rese...eleeuw.htm
I know that she admired Ms. Norton (from a warm book inscription) and may have been influenced by her writing--undoubtedly this high regard went in both directions. They did get to meet in life; I do not know how often they were able to see one another as friends, but I like to believe they are chatting together this week.
Correction:
Please pardon my error. I misread the date in the Times (there were two dates on my screen), and I now note that Adele De Leeuw preceded Ms. Norton in death. Did anyone on the list know Ms. De Leeuw or know how these two authors may have inspired one another in specific ways?

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy Birthday, Andre Paul Goode 0 460 February 17th, 2015, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Paul Goode
  Happy birthday andre Paul Goode 4 750 February 25th, 2014, 04:09 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Happy Birthday Great Lady Paul Goode 3 1,077 February 17th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Steven Vogel
  Happy 100th Birthday Great Lady Paul Goode 5 1,379 February 20th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Michael
  100th Birthday Anthology Lots-A-Watts 3 787 December 18th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Last Post: jmelsna
  Birthday Paul Goode 1 996 February 18th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Last Post: catsrule1
  Happy 94th Birthday Dear Lady Paul Goode 2 1,289 February 20th, 2006, 12:09 AM
Last Post: walterhillgal
  Happy Birthday Andre Joseph_Goldin 9 1,536 February 17th, 2006, 03:49 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Birthday Reminder Irene 4 1,063 February 9th, 2004, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Paul Goode