Mutant Bar Blues 3.0 - The New Breed
Rocky Horror is another one of those "must see" things that I've never watched!
It really is a very very clever homage to sci-fi and horror films.... just with sex, cross-dressing and 50's rock added. :crazy: Plus, Susan Sarandon is in her underwear for most of the film - at age 29. :love:
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
I caught one that I've been wanting to see for a long time this afternoon. I was flipping thru channels, and TCM was showing The Outlaw. Not quite what I expected, but it was entertaining enough. If nothing else it was another portrayal of Doc Holliday, which always interests me. Jane Russell was quite the bombshell, it's surprising she wasn't a bigger star. Not that she did poorly, by any means. Maybe Monroe and Mansfield are so immortalized simply because they died young, where as Russell suffered the indignity of a long life!
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Yeah, the breweries have really taken off here, too. I think it's almost exclusively sustained by tourists from Chicago, as the majority of them wouldn't have a chance if they were only supported by locals.
Boomstick, this is for you - the Race for the Cure:

Attached Files Image(s)

august Wrote:Boomstick, this is for you - the Race for the Cure:

:laugh: Now I'm wondering what they've been up to. Google, take me away...
yet another "only in South Carolina" moment....

"The mayor of Aynor was carrying a beer when he was pulled over while riding a lawnmower though town last month, according to police dashcam video...."

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/a...34732.html

note: years ago, I had two roommates who were from the Myrtle Beach/Conway area, and we were going through the monthly phone bill, and one said to the other "Wait, there's a call to Aynor here? Jamie, was that you? Who knows people in Aynor?" :laugh:

Attached Files Image(s)

See that sort of thing fascinates me.

Thanks for the kind words on the blog post - Will was a super nice guy. This is a brief clip of him talking about Native American cooking:

Will From YouTube
SF-Fandom not responsible for video content

SF-Fandom reserves the right to remove inappropriate video content from its discussions. YouTube may remove the video from its service without notification.

I was actually at that event, but left before they filmed that piece. The young lady organizing the event was a stunning beauty, so for weeks my line was that "Will introduced me to a scrumptious dish.... and also cooked some food for me." :jester: :leech:

And here he was was in full Cherokee mode:

drumming From YouTube
SF-Fandom not responsible for video content

SF-Fandom reserves the right to remove inappropriate video content from its discussions. YouTube may remove the video from its service without notification.
Unsure if anyone will be able to see this or not, since it's a forward of a forward, via Facebook, so unsure how privacy setting will work. But this is me, three years ago, reading from an
essay I wrote for a book about influential artists in the Columbia, SC area. My chapter was about a lady, now in her late 70's, who was directly or indirectly responsible for most of the good
theatre done locally for the last half century. Smile Click here.
I may be able to update our BB Code library to allow a Facebook video embed. Will follow up here later.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  origin for the "mutant bar blues" scene on VH1, Sat. 8/8 @ 4 and 11 PM august 7 1,359 August 2nd, 2009, 04:35 PM
Last Post: august
  Mutant Bar Blues - v.2 - Always Open! Darkamber 508 29,536 November 12th, 2007, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Stripe
  Cleo 2525 and Mutant X on DVD.... CorXena 8 747 April 26th, 2003, 10:56 AM
Last Post: CorXena
  Mutant Bar Blues - Now Open ! Darkamber 495 15,789 March 14th, 2003, 06:00 AM
Last Post: Stripe