Vermont tops rankings of healthy states
After four consecutive years of being crowned the healthiest state, Minnesota dropped to No. 2 behind Vermont for the title this year, according to a report released Monday by the United Health Foundation, a non-profit health advocacy group.

The foundation, along with the American Public Health Association and Partnership for Prevention, rated each state on 20 key measures of wellness, such as rates of obesity, infant mortality, cancer deaths and high school graduation.

Read the rest here.

You can also find your states' ranking here. California, where I current live: dead middle. Utah, where I want to live #6 bay-bay! :dude:
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
WOOOOOHOOOOO! We beat Mississippi!:party:
RobRoy Wrote:... a report released Monday by the United Health Foundation, a non-profit health advocacy group.

The foundation, along with the American Public Health Association and Partnership for Prevention, rated each state ...

This is a feature of American so-called 'journalism' that never ceases to annoy me. Anybody with a fax machine who calls themselves by a distinguished-sounding organization name can send in a press release, & if it suits a politically correct tendy template, it might well see print. I never heard of any of these outfits before; why should I care how they rate & rank states? What is their actual agenda? Who bankrolls them? What are the criteria for these rankings? Seems like everyone & his brother out there with some axe to grind presumes to "rate" or "rank" states, localities, institutions, or what have you, according to criteria that suit their agenda. In this case, I smell antismoking activism, 'obesity' nannystatism, and socialized medicine, at least.

(is the American Public Health Association and Partnership for Prevention one organization or two?)

And lookee here, wouldntyaknow it's USA Today publishing this! I guess next CNN will broadcast it.

**edit** Okay, the APHA, and Partnership For Prevention, are 2 orgs; the APHA at least I've heard of (under that acronym) & P4P seems well-established & legit too. As I recall, the APHA traditionally was about sanitation.
Many Defeats & Many Fruitless Victories Memoirs Gateway
For I was talking aloud to myself...the old...choose the wisest person present to speak to...

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  And now Donald Trump is President of the United States ... Michael 4 651 March 6th, 2017, 12:24 AM
Last Post: badlands
  Nation States DeamondBleed 11 963 May 28th, 2004, 10:43 AM
Last Post: DeamondBleed