Vicky Pratt - upcoming guest roles on TV
{merging some threads about some of Vicky's tv guest appearances ~ August}

[COLOR="Blue"]This is the 6th episode of the new season of Ghost Whisperer, and is going to be called "Double Exposure. No clue on the nature of Vicky's role, but previews and so forth will be up after tonight's ep. OK... Jennifer Love Hewitt and Victoria Pratt playing opposite each other, and it's called "Double Exposure" .... ok, resisting temptation... resisting temptation... it's just too easy... won't go there....... :leech: :bounce:
[/COLOR]

Quote:Professor Payne is mystified when his date, another professor at Rockland University, refuses to have her picture taken.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
[COLOR="Blue"]Caught this last night, and Vicky was indeed the main guest star, a woman with a secret. Given the nature of the show, i.e. J-Lo (the other J-Lo :laugh: ) investigates hauntings, it's no spoiler to reveal that Vicky's character was involved in a haunting. And, given that the ep began with the death of a male college student, and Vicky was playing a sexy college professor, it's not much of a spoiler to reveal that (highlight if you can't guess what the connection was)
To view, use your mouse to select the text:
she was having an affair with him.
She did a fine job, playing her guilt or innocence very ambiguously. Vicky is about the same age as Renee O'Connor, I believe, and a few years younger than Lucy Lawless, but ... and I want to clarify that I mean this in as complimentary fashion as possible ...she definitely looks her age, which is almost 37. She's stunningly beautiful... but she is quickly getting to the stage where she will be playing sexy "women of a certain age" roles, a la Kim Cattrall, Renee Russo, etc. Which is fine, because that will give her a common "type" that she can convincingly play for the next 10-15 years. Like with the thriller she did on Lifetime last week - she was a mom who had a second child later on in her marriage. Worked perfectly.

I had never watched this show before, and I was quite surprised at how similar it is to NBC's "Medium." The "gimmick" is the whole "talks to dead people" thing, and it's otherwise a very simple, old-fashioned, Friday-night-on-CBS-detective show. If half the guest stars weren't dead, then this could be "Young Jessica Fletcher," or "Barnaby Jones' Daughter." These types of shows have done very little for me in recent years, although I loved them when I was 10.

But everyone did fine. So if you like Vicky and/or this show, this is definitely one to see when it reruns.
[/COLOR]
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
CBS will rerun this on Friday, Fri. Feb 29th at 9:00 PM.
Vicky vamps it up in Moonlight - she's credited as "Dee Dee Dwight," and the ep is called "Fated To Pretend;" it's # 13 of the series.

The only description of the ep is pretty meaningless unless you follow the show, so no clue about her character:

Quote:Benjamin Talbot, a new A.D.A., investigates the murder of Beth's boss Maureen. Beth and Mick pursue their own investigation, Benjamin warns them not to spoil any evidence that could lead to the culprit. Mick provides some good advice and some surprising empathy to a troubled teenager Bonnie with secrets of her own.
Vicky's ep was a teeny tiny guest spot, one of many guest stars/suspects. She was just in two scenes, as a sort of Joans Collins-ish glamorous corporate entrepreneur, who was marketing a line of vitamin-filled, "healthy" doughnuts. The victim was somehow connected in a red herring plot related to corporate mergers or something...but like "normal" cop shows, the actual motive of the actual killer was something completely unrelated.

I was majorly unimpressed with this show - some of the people from "Angel" are involved, and obviously there are thematic similarities.... but the mix here of humor, romance and genuine horror (very ferocious "30 Days" style vamps) just didn't do a thing for me.
Victoria Pratt on NBC's "Life" - sadly, this seems to have aired last week, and her name isn't in any credits anywhere. Nevertheless, according to NJ.com - yo, what exit? - Vicky was on this past Wednesday's episode (11/19) of the NBC series Life, about the cop who takes back up his career after serving time on false charges. This would have been the 9th ep of season 2, and is called "Badge Bunny."
Quote:The focus on police culture -- and the badge bunny subculture -- was interesting, particularly as Crews and Reese are both outcasts within the department, and Victoria Pratt did some particularly nice work as the bunny-turned-wife-turned-fellow-outcast.

Badge Bunny: Proper noun: A female that goes out only with cops and firemen.
august Wrote:Badge Bunny: Proper noun: A female that goes out only with cops and firemen.

Geeze. If all "Badge Bunnies" look like Vicky, I wish I would have continued on in my application process to the Mounted Police! :lick: :lick:
I think she's in this pic from the article, on the far right, just a bit more brunette than we're used to seeing her:

[Image: large_life-bunnies.jpg]
If she's taking very small roles in television, maybe she's trying to break into bigger roles on network tv?
Well, I don't know that this was a very small role though. She's been pretty lucky, having been the main guest star on a Ghost Whisperer ep last year, one of the stars of ABC's Day Break series, and then the star of a number of cable movies, so that's really about as good as it gets on tv, unless you are the star of your own series.
Vicky will guest star on CBS's hit series CSI on Thurs. Jan. 22nd at 9 PM. Her character is named Carla Banks.

This season, one of the new regular cast members is Lauren Lee Smith, who co-starred in Mutant X as Emma DeLauro. Plus the new lead, Dr. Langston, is played by Laurence Fishburne, Gina Torres' hubby.

Quote:"The Grave Shift" - The first day on the job for Dr. Langston turns
from bad to worse when a simple burglary case quickly overlaps with a
complicated arson and homicide case, on CSI: CRIME SCENE
INVESTIGATION, Thursday, Jan. 22 (9:00-10:01 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS
Television Network.

WRITTEN BY: David Weddle & Bradley Thompson
DIRECTED BY: Richard J. Lewis
GENRE: CRIME DRAMA, MYSTERY, SUSPENSE.

All three Cleo leads have now done guest appearances on this show!
Oooh, cool. I'm glad to see Lauen Lee Smith keep on getting some big jobs. Although I only found time to watch Mutant X periodically, I tuned in much less often after they dumped her from the show and replaced her with Karen Cliche. :dead:
She seems to have been a regular on a Canadian series called Intelligence, and had a recurring role on Showtime's The L Word Series.
Yeah, she's been working. A major show on one of the big networks is sure to give her more exposure, though. At least I would think. :bg:
A brief clip of Vicky in this ep is here.
I missed this, but it can be seen free and legally at http://www.imdb.com/video/cbs/vi701367065.
Vicky will be a guest in the 18th ep of the current season (the sixth) which will be called "Mind Games."

Quote:The team tries to determine if a homeless and severely delusional paranoid schizophrenic killed his former psychiatrist by arson in 2004 - before dropping out of college and fully losing his grip of reality.

Songs recorded by the legendary John Lennon are featured exclusively throughout the episode.

Billy Lush ("The Black Donnellys") and Jacqueline Obradors ("NYPD Blue") guest star as the paranoid schizoprenic and his slain psychiatrist.

Vicky's character is named Vanessa Quarterman. Both she and series star Kathryn Morris got significant exposure early in their careers as women who beat up Xena. :bg:

This is scheduled to air on CBS Sun. March 22nd at 9 PM.
Vicky also had a recent role on 'CSI', opposite Lawrence Fishburne.
Homegirl is really keepin' busy,ain't she?
Quote: Vicky's character is named Vanessa Quarterman. Both she and series star Kathryn Morris got significant exposure early in their careers as women who beat up Xena. -August
LOL ok then. Smile

Wait Vicky was on 'CSI'…sure the second I stop watching a show the Cleo cast shows up.
I know Jennifer was on CSI a long time ago.
Last time I saw Vicky was on Moonlight.
UM#333 Kea - Keeper of the sayings:

"You must have been the smartest one in your village."

"Houston, we have a problem!"
"Who's Houston?"
Only the most dedicated of Vicky fans would have been able to see this, since CBS's schedule was delayed by about 45 minutes (presumably due to the NCAA game) and so this didn't come on 'til almost 10 PM. But like everything, I'm sure it will soon be available on CBS's website, and and a clip is already up there and here. But that clip pretty much gives away everything about her character - even its title will do that, so read below before you click, unless you want to be spoiled. Smile

Vicky is only in two scenes, both before the half hour mark. The case being investigated is the murder of an institutional psychiatrist, possibly by one of her patients. Vicky turns up as a friend and former sorority sister of the victim, who gave some evidence in the original case four years earlier (talked to the victim earlier in the day, or something innocuous like that.) Really all that was required was a moderately attractive woman over 30 who could play professional. So that's bad news (in that no one is doing like Rob Tapert and R. J. Stewart on Xena, creating a fierce warrior character to beat up Xena, then saying "We see this as a sort of tough, Vicky Pratt-type character. Hey wait a sec - maybe we could get Vicky to play her!" :laugh: ) but good news, in that Vicky isn't being type-cast - she's in the mix with several hundred other "name" tv actresses all available for interchangeable guest roles.

However, all is not as it seems. So click on the link above if you want to see what the real deal w/ Vicky's character was.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Victoria Pratt Beauty Thread! Darkamber 71 19,797 May 15th, 2019, 02:05 PM
Last Post: august
  Vicky Pratt lines to make your chin hit the ground... august 19 2,858 March 18th, 2019, 10:41 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Vicky Pratt's birthday! august 31 4,284 December 24th, 2018, 02:29 AM
  Victoria Pratt in T.J. Scott-directed series "Caught" ...but only on CBC august 1 829 March 3rd, 2018, 01:08 PM
  Vicky Pratt in House of the Dead 2: Dead Aim august 38 6,322 November 7th, 2017, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Michael
  T.J. Scott directs Victoria Pratt, Kelly Hu, and Katrina Law in "Death Valley" august 1 1,562 January 14th, 2017, 12:58 PM
  Victoria Pratt's new movie Turbulence on Lifetime Move Network @ 8 PM tonight (Fr. 12/30) august 1 1,982 December 31st, 2016, 02:12 PM
  Victoria Pratt in "Patient Killer" tonight (Sun. 8/2) on Lifetime august 0 622 August 2nd, 2015, 03:14 PM
Last Post: august
  Victoria Pratt's movie "A Daughter's Nightmare" premieres Sat. 5/3 at 8 PM EDT on Lifetime august 1 877 May 2nd, 2014, 02:15 PM
  Only Victoria Pratt could make this prop call sheet work... august 1 578 January 20th, 2014, 09:44 PM