Lucas seeking writers
Tidbits regarding the live action series. News has been slow on this but it appears that this series is still moving forward.

From ew.com

Multiple sources have confirmed to EW.com that George Lucas is coming to Los Angeles next week to meet with writers for his long-gestating live-action Star War series

Rest here ...

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2007/10/s...the-s.html
I can imagine quite a bit.
I'm assuming the supposedly impeding 'writers strike' that we're always hearing about may impact this, as well?
I have heard of the strike and I'm assuming so as well.
I guess he needs new writers because he canned the genius who invented midichlorians.
Many Defeats & Many Fruitless Victories Memoirs Gateway
For I was talking aloud to myself...the old...choose the wisest person present to speak to...
Aintitcoolnews.com has some interesting tidbits...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34451
Alvin Eriol Wrote:I guess he needs new writers because he canned the genius who invented midichlorians.

There are no collaborators listed for "Phantom Menace," so we have to assume he invented them on his own. And we assume he didn't can himself. The film grossed close to a billion dollars at the box office and inspired two sequels, plus untold amounts of revenue from dvd sales and rentals and merchandising, so it would appear to have been a wise invention on his part.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
august Wrote:There are no collaborators listed for "Phantom Menace," so we have to assume he invented them on his own. And we assume he didn't can himself. The film grossed close to a billion dollars at the box office and inspired two sequels, plus untold amounts of revenue from dvd sales and rentals and merchandising, so it would appear to have been a wise invention on his part.

No, the "wise invention" was the first three movies. The prequels rode those coat-tails and the build-up of over twenty years speculation and waiting to "see what would happen". The end result was less than stellar from a story-telling point of view.

As Harrison Ford once told him, "You can write this $#!+, but you can't say it!"
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Yep, I recall back when the original one came out, and all the cast, Ford in particular, raved about what a nice human being Lucas was, and how deeply he had thought out the world and mythology of his story, but how as a director he was utterly oblivious to actors. Ford joked that Lucas was so into the technical and visual side of it that some day he'd figure out a way to do the entire film without actors. Prophetic words, long before the notion of cgi-actors was ever conceived of! But not surprising, given that his background was as a photographer and not an actor or writer.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
august Wrote:Yep, I recall back when the original one came out, and all the cast, Ford in particular, raved about what a nice human being Lucas was, and how deeply he had thought out the world and mythology of his story, but how as a director he was utterly oblivious to actors. Ford joked that Lucas was so into the technical and visual side of it that some day he'd figure out a way to do the entire film without actors. Prophetic words, long before the notion of cgi-actors was ever conceived of! But not surprising, given that his background was as a photographer and not an actor or writer.

You're opening that can of worms august, Lucas should have stuck to writing and producing.
Han Solo Wrote:You're opening that can of worms august, Lucas should have stuck to writing and producing.

Half right. He should have stuck to producing. Some of Lucas' best movies weren't directed by him or had a co-writer attached. That says something about the myth of the man: he's more than capable in his zone. Outside of it and he's a mess.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
RobRoy Wrote:Half right. He should have stuck to producing. Some of Lucas' best movies weren't directed by him or had a co-writer attached. That says something about the myth of the man: he's more than capable in his zone. Outside of it and he's a mess.

Well what I might have meant by writing was more creating and outlining but not doing the actual script writing because we all know what a mess that can be.
Han Solo Wrote:Well what I might have meant by writing was more creating and outlining but not doing the actual script writing because we all know what a mess that can be.

Agreed. Lucas is a big idea-man, one with a broad vision and a spectacular insight.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Polygon Pieces Together How Lucas Would Have Done the Final Trilogy Michael 0 958 December 11th, 2019, 12:55 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Biography of George Lucas Michael 0 546 January 10th, 2017, 02:02 PM
  George Lucas comments on criticism Boomstick 9 1,386 November 24th, 2015, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  New Lucas movie: Strange Magic badlands 3 765 January 28th, 2015, 11:49 AM
Last Post: august
  Tweaks made to the classic trilogy - Lucas at it again! Han Solo 13 2,161 September 12th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Last Post: Nightspore
  Lucas to cash in on 3-D trend with "Star Wars" Michael 2 1,072 October 6th, 2010, 01:35 PM
  Director's Cut: George Lucas finally admits he made Star Wars up as he went along RobRoy 8 2,153 September 8th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Last Post: Han Solo
  Happy Birthday George Lucas Han Solo 0 793 May 14th, 2010, 04:44 PM
  George Lucas on the Daily Show august 4 1,139 January 10th, 2010, 11:42 PM
  Lucas authorizes sound effects for "Fanboys" movie Michael 10 1,743 October 4th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Last Post: akoroves