LaBeouf announces new Indy title at VMAs
NEW YORK - The title of the new "Indiana Jones" movie, directed by Steven Spielberg and starring Harrison Ford, has been revealed.

"Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" will be in theaters May 22, 2008.

The title of the long-awaited fourth installment of the adventure series was announced by Shia LaBeouf, who co-stars with Ford in the film, at the MTV Video Music Awards in Las Vegas on Sunday.

The new Indy adventure, which is set in the 1950s, also stars Cate Blanchett, Ray Winstone, John Hurt, Jim Broadbent and Karen Allen.

Sean Connery, who played dad to Ford's globe-trotting archaeologist in 1989's "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade," will not reprise the role in the new movie.

Read the rest here.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
I assume the movie will be about those real-life crystal skulls that are the source of many a goofball theory, then.
Boomstick Wrote:I assume the movie will be about those real-life crystal skulls that are the source of many a goofball theory, then.

Perhaps it will be why The Phantom movies received such poor reviews given todays tights-and-boots obsessed superhero fans.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
These skulls?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_skulls

Quote:A modern legend claims that there are 13 crystal skulls worldwide, of which five have actually been found, which have mystical powers and are of ancient origin

I readed from some science magazine that all "Crystal skulls" what have been found are actually fakes!

So they are chasing these skulls around the world...not very original!
Yalmuk Wrote:So they are chasing these skulls around the world...not very original!

But certainly part of the Indy formula. Raiders and Last Crusade both had Indy travelling all over, with the quest for the Grail being a rather well-worn and well-trod plot. The plot of Temple had Indy searching for the sankara stones, one of . . .what was it? five mystical stones?

They couldn't come up with a better name than that?Huh
:paw: Speak up! Don't mumble!!
Ah, Herr Moif, always the critic. :bg:
Its my job!

I reckon it would sound better if they dropped the Indiana Jones bit and just went with 'The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull'. It runs off the tongue a lot easier.
moif Wrote:Its my job!

Yes, yes it is. And you've beeen slacking lately, so we're with-holding some of you pay!

(That's just my way of saying, "Hi moif! It's great to see you here again!")

Quote:I reckon it would sound better if they dropped the Indiana Jones bit and just went with 'The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull'. It runs off the tongue a lot easier.

Yes, but this is Lucas we're talking about. His theme song is "I Did It My Way, Even Though My Way Was Lame, But I Have All The Money So Too Bad For You!" I'm sure you've heard the Frank Sinatra version as re-edited by Lucas in which Frank doesn't shoot first because "Frank wasn't a bad guy!". :bounce:

Alright, fine, I'm a little bitter. But Lucas changed the name of the first Indy movie from simply Raiders of the Lost Ark to Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark, just so it would "align" with the other two films. As if the naming convention somehow drew in more audience members. :roll:

I suppose that we can hope Lucas is staying somewhat away from the film and letting better, more talented people helm the script, while he does what he does best: look pompous and act as if everything was according to his own divine plan.

Was that too harsh of me? Huh

moif Wrote:Its my job!

I reckon it would sound better if they dropped the Indiana Jones bit and just went with 'The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull'. It runs off the tongue a lot easier.

That's how it'll be known by all the fans. If you think about it, everyone just says "Raiders", "Temple of Doom" and "Last Crusade." No doubt this one will generally be known as "Crystal Skull." Or "The new one," or "the one where Harrison Ford is old."

No doubt the standard online abbreviations will apply: TKOTCS or KOCS or some such. :bg:
Hello RR :hello:

I don't get around this way much any more. Got stuck into an MMORPG called EVE and its swallows all my time like a black hole.

I didn't know Lucas had vandalized the Raiders name. For some reason that actually hurts some where deep inside. I've loved that film for ever. I hope he didn't digitally insert CGI details into it as well. I can just imagine him 'beefing up' the final scenes or adding a pyramid to the desert scenes.

He really has become corrupted by his own success. How I hope that never happens to me! :laugh:

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shia LaBeouf happy to leave "Transformers" on high note Michael 0 336 September 14th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Universal Studios announces "Cinderella" project Michael 0 543 September 13th, 2011, 12:33 PM
  Henson Company announces sequel to The Dark Crystal Michael 0 465 May 4th, 2010, 08:02 PM
  LaBeouf's Injury Part Of "Transformers 2" Michael 0 352 August 29th, 2008, 04:13 PM
  Bad Movie Title Game EDSEL_PK 5 630 June 17th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Last Post: Fantasy
  Actor LaBeouf arrested in Chicago for trespassing RobRoy 5 1,055 January 3rd, 2008, 01:23 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  Indiana Jones: LaBeouf confirmed for "Indiana Jones 4" Michael 0 406 April 20th, 2007, 01:09 PM
  MGM announces direct-to-DvD Science Fiction movies Michael 1 455 April 19th, 2007, 04:07 PM
  Seen the movie don't know the title Daneel 8 732 March 11th, 2006, 02:41 AM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Help me with movie title : ThePharoah 1 580 February 25th, 2005, 08:50 PM
Last Post: ThePharoah