Rowling tells what happens next - SPOILERS
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
This interview and the other from leaky-cauldron were mentioned in

another thread:

https://www.sf-fandom.com/vbulletin/show...post324180.

I find an inconsistency in

To view, use your mouse to select the text:
Ron's future
yeah i saw that incosistency too
I see no reason that both might not be true.

I can see Ron stepping in to assist George in the joke shop at first; for the loss would be raw, and fresh, and worst for George ......... Ron is the closest in age to that brother and had no established career.

But that might last but a few months to a year or so, until George was able to adjust; perhaps feel about for a new partner {Lee Jordan?}, or find a wife who wanted to help .......

Many in Harry's year, including Ron, need to finish up their schooling; and to be an Auror requires some further study. We don't know how that is undertaken, but after all, Ron etc are only 17 or just turning 18 at the time this story closes. Many of us were doing something other than our life's work at 17 and 18; I myself was in college until I was 20.

Ron may have been in the joke shop until his mid 20's, working on furthering his education part-time, and joined the Ministry at 25. Why not? An awful lot of the joke shop items had Auror-applications, not to mention Dark Arts applications {Peruvian Darkness Powder}. A great deal of things Ron might learn helping in the joke shop would be very useful as an Auror.

I can hardly see Ron helping "reform the Ministry" at 18; but 8 to 10 years later, hey, not impossible. He does have a head on him. [Basilask fangs .......]

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fans are upset at Rowling badlands 1 628 August 3rd, 2020, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Michael
  New (ish) book [No spoilers please] Irene 4 820 October 7th, 2016, 08:38 AM
Last Post: Irene
  Rowling reveal sad truth badlands 5 813 November 27th, 2015, 04:38 AM
Last Post: Paul Goode
  Video: J.K. Rowling and Daniel Radcliffe on "Harry Potter" FilmGuy 0 620 January 25th, 2014, 12:07 AM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  J.K. Rowling closes deal for more Potterverse movies FilmGuy 5 978 September 16th, 2013, 11:07 PM
  J.K. Rowling's Pseudonym Sells 500 Books BookBug 5 958 July 30th, 2013, 12:42 AM
  J.K. Rowling launches new Harry Potter Website Michael 5 832 June 26th, 2011, 11:59 PM
  Telegraphs says J.K. Rowling to launch online treasure hunt with Pottermore.com Michael 0 554 June 23rd, 2011, 02:36 AM
  Emma Watson tells Marie Claire she did not feel need to rebel Michael 0 351 November 9th, 2010, 11:36 AM
  Video: J.K. Rowling and cast tour Harry Potter wizarding world Michael 0 595 June 21st, 2010, 07:42 PM