Potterverse, Names (spoilers from end of Deathly Hallows)
Warning: I don't like some of the newer McCaffrey books.
I would take them out of the library before purchasing them.
The first 6 books are pretty good, but after a dozen or so readings, you start to find the errors. (Blue dragons turning Brown.)

The co-authored stuff is pretty erratic, excepting the stuff written with/by Todd (Johnson) McCaffrey.

As for J.K.R., following a similar path to a book writing glut. I don't think so. Anne McCaffrey had to keep writing books that the public wanted, even if she didn't want to write in that universe, to pay the bills.

Right now J.K.R. has the freedom to never write again. No money requirements. So, she can write in the Potter universe, or Not, as she pleases.

PS: Rob Roy - Good luck on that slow reading now & marithon reading during labor. Rumor has it, that not even a good book will take ones mind off....
Irene
Irene Wrote:As for J.K.R., following a similar path to a book writing glut. I don't think so. Anne McCaffrey had to keep writing books that the public wanted, even if she didn't want to write in that universe, to pay the bills.

Did she? I wasn't aware of that. I'm not a McCaffrey fan, though I've read some of her efforts.

Quote:PS: Rob Roy - Good luck on that slow reading now & marithon reading during labor. Rumor has it, that not even a good book will take ones mind off....

Thanks. I have no idea how enrapt my wife will be, but I'm guessing when the real pushing starts it won't matter. The book is for the longer period as the contractions build. I'll report out how it went though!
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New (ish) book [No spoilers please] Irene 4 771 October 7th, 2016, 08:38 AM
Last Post: Irene
  the DEATHLY HALLOWS on TV Irene 1 591 December 12th, 2013, 04:23 AM
Last Post: Michael
  J.K. Rowling closes deal for more Potterverse movies FilmGuy 5 957 September 16th, 2013, 11:07 PM
  My thoughts on "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2" Michael 8 1,855 November 27th, 2011, 12:12 AM
  Discussion for "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2" Michael 0 491 July 13th, 2011, 02:40 PM
  Pictures: Harry Potter people at Deathly Hallows 2 premiere in London, July 2011 Michael 0 422 July 10th, 2011, 08:31 AM
  Severus Snape poster for "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2" Michael 0 813 June 1st, 2011, 01:15 PM
  Neville Longbottom featured on new Deathly Hallows poster Michael 0 548 May 30th, 2011, 03:40 AM
  Ciaran Hinds to play Aberforth Dumbledore in "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" Michael 2 1,083 January 11th, 2011, 02:36 AM
  Emma Watson Back to UK to Re-shoot Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 11 News From Yahoo! 0 539 December 25th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Last Post: News From Yahoo!