Bruce in McHale's Navy
This airs on AMC on Wed., Aug. 1, at 8:30 AM EDT.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Hahahaha, for some odd reason I love that movie.

"Apparently I've insulted a monkey!"

Brilliant. Though I'm not sure why it's airing on AMC, though. That's supposed to stand for "American Movie Classics," right? A Tom Arnold movie classic? Hmmmm.... :bg:
Yep, AMC really did start out as a "classic movie channel." Then Ted Turner started his own "Turner Classic Movies" channel, and since he owned the rights to most of the genuine old classics - I think all of MGM and Warners, plus he leased exclusive rights to Paramount and RKO - theyd had much less of a bank of available films, and so went to being essentially a "rerun of any popular old movie we can get rights to" channel. And they added commercials.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
And as a result I watch more AMC than I do TCM. :bg: I like the classics, but if it doesn't have Bogart, Monroe, Mansfield, Dean, or McQueen in it, I can take it or leave it.
Yep, the downside is that TCM has a looooooot of lesser known movies that they air, often as part of themes (like if it's Cary Grant's birthday or whatever.) Some can be really very good - I caught a Korean War film called "Porkchop Hill" with Gregory Peck recently, that was basically a low-budget precursor to "Saving PVT. Ryan" - unknown if Spielberg was actually influenced by it or not. If not, it just shows that war is the same all over. But with a cast of soon-to-be-stars, then-as-yet-unknown, including Robert Wagner, Harry Guardino, Rip Torn, George Peppard, Norman Fell, Robert Blake...

Another one like this was an utterly obscure Hammer film called "These Are the D_mned," with aging soap opera star McDonald Carey miscast as a jaded American would-be-playboy, a young Oliver Reed as a pre-Clockwork Orange juvenile delinquent... and the first half was done like a Bergman film on alienated youth and existential angst among the middle-aged.... but then it turned into a sci-fi thriller about radioactive children in an underground lab! :eek:

I even enjoyed a "marathon" of the 30's Nancy Drew films, which were shot for about $1.99 each, scheduled the weekend that the new one premiered in theatres. Star Bonita Granville was utterly adorable, and had spectacular...detecting skills. :love:
McHale's Navy is on AMC on Thurs. 9/27 at 11:45 AM.
It's being shown again, on AMC Tues. 10/16 at 8:15 AM.
This is airing again on AMC next Mon. Nov. 5th at 6:00 AM .
AMC is showing this again on Mon. Jan. 14th, at 8:30 AM.
This will air again on AMC, Thurs. March 27th, at 7:30 AM.
Virg returns on Wed. Apr. 20th at 12:50 PM on Cinemax!

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin Bruce Campbell in "My Southern Family Christmas" at 8 PM on Hallmark august 0 67 November 24th, 2022, 08:59 AM
Last Post: august
Big Grin Preview of the (latest) Evil Dead video game, as narrated by Bruce himself august 1 594 June 29th, 2021, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Go Bruce - it's your birthday... august 47 7,812 June 22nd, 2021, 04:11 PM
Wink Bruce Campbell to star in ABC sitcom ? august 0 380 March 11th, 2021, 07:41 PM
  Believe it! Bruce Campbell is reviving Ripley's Believe It or Not! august 8 1,494 June 7th, 2019, 08:00 PM
  Bruce Campbell memes from all over august 0 617 March 26th, 2019, 05:13 PM
  Bruce Campbell on AMC's Lodge 49 august 0 607 September 16th, 2018, 07:26 PM
  Bruce has a new book - "Hail to the Chin!" august 3 862 August 28th, 2017, 09:30 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Bruce promoting Ash vs. Evil Dead august 1 703 October 11th, 2016, 06:18 PM
  Bruce, Lucy and Rob at Comic-Con! august 2 759 July 26th, 2016, 11:19 AM