Fred Saberhagen Passes
I read in the paper two days ago that Fred Saberhagen had passed away at the age of 77. There were no details. Does anyone know any more? I enjoyed his Berserker and his Swords/Lost Swords books. I was in the audience at a panel discussion at Dragoncon '89. The panel had Anne McCaffrey, Fred Saberhagen, Robert Asprin, Brad Strickland, and Brad Linaweaver(sp). The lady next to me in the audience pointed Fred out to me and said proudly, "That's my husband" . I pulled out my autograph book and had her sign it. After the panel, the members went out the autograph tables and we all lined up. When I got up to Saberhagen' s spot I handed him my autograph book opened to the page that his wife had just signed. He was delighted and thanked me for the kindness. He was a very nice person and a darn fine writer. He will be missed Later kind Folks--PaulCry
Frontiers of any type, physical or mental are but a challenge to our breed. Nothing can stop th questing of man, not even man. If we will it, not only the wonders of space, but the very stars are ours
That's a nice story you have Paul.

How sad. One of the first major fantasy authors that I read post Tolkien was Saberhagen. I read his Swords, Lost Swords and more recently his Gods series.

He will certainly be missed, and I send condolences to his family.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Richard Alf, co-founder of Comic Con, passes away at 59 Michael 0 494 January 7th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Comic book cover artist Al Williamson reportedly passes away Michael 0 904 June 16th, 2010, 03:17 PM
  Classic SF cover artist passes away: Edward D. Cartier Michael 0 702 January 6th, 2009, 12:14 AM
  Kathleen Woodiwiss passes missferal 0 1,000 July 8th, 2007, 05:58 AM
Last Post: missferal
  sad news--Jack Williamson passes away Mark 3 1,002 November 14th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Last Post: RobRoy