Currently reading?
Anything really but i found 2 - The sorcerers companion & Magical Worlds of Harry Potter - A treasury of Myths, Legends and Fascinating facts
Shorey for England!
Reading fans

RoCk On SnOw PaTrOl

- Kwik Silva 44
Am reading Blood and Gold, A Storm of Swords Part 2 of A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin, and picking through Morgoth's Ring & The Peoples of Middle-Earth from HoME.
Contemplating thinking about thinking.
Legolas of the house of the Tree! Tongue
I like to check out a dozen assorted from various libraries and then race the due date in order to finish w/o being fined. Books I buy just sit...

Finally finished Rosemary Sutcliff's "Sword at Sunset," her 500 pages Arthurian magnum opus. I found her juveniles very good and fast reads - did a dozen or so last year - but this one took months, there are powerful passages but it is loooong.

Then I did a fast read of Jane Yolen's "Odysseus in the Serpent Maze," which is one of four "Young Heroes" books - the others (Atalanta, Jason, Hippolyta)beckon.

I've also been reading Isaac Asimov's history books - as to be expected they are thorough, clear, and enjoyable. I'm in the middle og his account of the American Revolution - did you know Benedict Arnold had reasons to be a sore head, not that that excuses treason... - and last week he was leading me through Ancient Greece and the Roman Republic before that.

I was at the library today, and also picked up Avram Davidson's "The Other Nineteenth Century" - I've heard good things about this author for a while, now I'll see how he stacks up.

And I'd bought 4 or 5 Heinlein juveniles at the used book store.

So I have many choices as to what I will dive into next!
The novels of Charles Williams. Really excellent to do those again!

Kwik Silver 44,

Try http://www.hp-lexicon.org for a ridikulously complete bibliography of books about HP. They make some excellent recommendations about certain of them. They have a truly bodacious list! :wave:
inked
"Aslan is not a tame lion. Safe?
No, he's not safe, but he's good."
CSL/LWW
the great gatsby. its a good book.
Don't do nothing.
Juliet McKenna The Einarrin series. It's good for light reading but not much else.
Read the Elder Gods by Eddings last week. It is ok but more like the Elenium than the Belgariad.
inked Wrote:Kwik Silver 44,

Try http://www.hp-lexicon.org for a ridikulously complete bibliography of books about HP. They make some excellent recommendations about certain of them. They have a truly bodacious list! :wave:

Thanks m8! RR can u stop the 20 min?
Shorey for England!
Reading fans

RoCk On SnOw PaTrOl

- Kwik Silva 44
I just finished reading Take a Thief by Mercedes Lackey. It was a typical ML book. Not great, but fun to read when I need a brainless book.

I started reading some of Judith Tarr's books over my holiday break. I really enjoyed them, but get too sucked into them to read her stuff while I'm in school. I'd never get any school stuff done. The last book I read by her was Lord of Two Lands.
Bootstrap's Bootstraps.
Kwik silver 44 Wrote:i got an audio CD with 1-10 but not 1-11. To be honest i dont like 10-11 that much, i think they're a bit too slow - u know what i mean?

Nearly finished Eragon - should do today! Cant wait for the next 2!

I never read the books, but I liked the movie. I am thinking of getting the CD, having read this.
darran shan vampire rites is great if your into that sorta thing.
1. Iain M. Banks (rereading) after finishing his new one, The Algebraist.

2. The new Frederick Pohl.

3. Hard to say. The list of books published or to be published in Locus, recommendations from Amazon, browsing through the books stores, wandering through my bookshelves to see what I have forgotten about.
Force a book on a friend. They might like it.
Working through McCafrey's Pern series. Good books (what I've read so far) but there are so many of them. You got to admire how the author manages to take these little non-events and make a story out of them.
A Planet Called Treason by Orson Scott Card. A really weird book but intriguing and well-written with believable characters.
1. Across the Face of the World, Russell Kirkpatrick
2. Whatever my hand touches first
3. If a book feels good in my hand I will buy it
I'm just about to finish Alvin Journeyman by Orson Scott Card. I'll probably read the few other books in the series before I move onto something else.
Bootstrap's Bootstraps.
Rereading sword of truth series
I've just finished Jim Butcher's 7th (or is it 8th) in the DRESDEN FILES series, PROVEN GUILTY -- hefty themes here and I will definitely be reviewing it in my sf review column for the New Age Magazine, The Monthly Aspectarian. After being printed, the columns are archived for free reading on their website (lightworks.com) and on my own site simegen.com/reviews/rereadablebooks

A 2 hour pilot based on THE DRESDEN FILES is to be on the sci fi channel in summer 2006.

Jennifer Roberson's new one, KARAVANS is really good, and I'm almost done with Dawn Cook's THE DECOY PRINCESS which is very spirited and not so heavy on the Romance that "real life" is ignored. It's an ACE Fantasy.

It seems the readership is very much fascinated with issues revolving around Power -- how to get it, how and when to use it (or not), and what it's really good for.

Has anyone else noticed a theme running through major novel series and TV shows lately?

Jacqueline Lichtenberg
http://www.simegen.com/jl/
ambrovzeor@aol.com
Jacqueline Lichtenberg
Those of My Blood
Dreamspy
Sime~Gen: The Unity Trilogy etc.
Molt Brother
City of a Million Legends
Star Trek Lives!
Articles in Seven Seasons of Buffy and Five Seasons of Angel
I have a few things i'm reading...

I'm waiting on the next sword of truth book to come out

reading robin hobb's liveship traders series (mad ship)

as soon as i can borrow it, the davinci code
Don't do nothing.
I'm reading George RR Martin's Ice and Fire series. I'm on the third book and loving it.
Bootstrap's Bootstraps.
I just finished TALL DARK AND DEAD by Tate Hallaway Berkley Books -- it's a hoot if you know anything about the New Age community.

I'm currently reading an e-book, THE HOUSE OF THE ROSE Book II, HOUSE OF MEMORY, a review copy -- forthcoming at awe-struck.net May 15th, 2006. Look up the author Michaela August on their website or at fictionwise.com. THE HOUSE OF THE ROSE series is superior in all ways -- set during the Crusades, mystical, -- ordinary people caught up in extreme power-intrigue-magic situations.

I expect to review both these titles.

Jacqueline Lichtenberg
ambrovzeor@aol.com
http://www.simegen.com/reviews/rereadablebooks/
http://www.simegen.com/jl/
Jacqueline Lichtenberg
Those of My Blood
Dreamspy
Sime~Gen: The Unity Trilogy etc.
Molt Brother
City of a Million Legends
Star Trek Lives!
Articles in Seven Seasons of Buffy and Five Seasons of Angel

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who are you reading these days? Any favourites? shadowcharge 3 1,315 August 18th, 2012, 03:04 AM
Last Post: badlands
  Balticon - scheduled to talk about technology, possibly a reading from The Boson Maru J. Sherlock Brown III 3 935 April 24th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Michael
  The dying art of reading books and onslaught of online fiction RobRoy 6 1,066 May 11th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Fountaindale Public Library launches SciFi & Horror reading groups Michael 0 560 December 26th, 2008, 08:18 PM
  Ursula Le Guin Q&A and reading in Corvallis, OR Sept. 19 Michael 4 899 September 18th, 2008, 10:07 PM
  New to Cthulhu mythos - suggest reading order AlphaOmega 4 13,196 May 24th, 2007, 10:19 PM
Last Post: Rhadamanthus
  Do you keep reading or do you stop....? Arcadia 35 3,150 September 1st, 2003, 01:11 AM
Last Post: knivesout
  Reading choices wyrdsmyth 3 754 July 24th, 2003, 04:52 AM
Last Post: Fimmberry
  Reading times will o the wisp 5 791 May 1st, 2003, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Quaisior