Alternate Luke Skywalker
from http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Luke_Skyw...ns_of_Luke

Quote:In early drafts of the A New Hope screenplay, the main character who became Luke was a girl. In other drafts, Luke was an experienced sixty-five year old General rather than a youth. Just before the final script was written, his surname was Starkiller, when later it was changed to Skywalker. The Starkiller name later was used for a Tarisian duel veteran in the times of Revan, named Bendak Starkiller.

Luke, a girl?

But the version of Luke as an old General fitted with my imaginings of a pre-fall Anakin Skywalker, before Lucas made the Prequels.
:deadhorse:
"A Iluvatarinya! En na pelecco carinyesse!"
"Oh my God! There's an axe in my head!" :worry:

http://www.yamara.com/axe/#Q1
That's so weird!I can't believe that Luke was almost a girl.Star wars would be a lot different if he was!
Evil will always triumph because good is dumb:wicked:.
Gollum wannabe Wrote:That's so weird!I can't believe that Luke was almost a girl.Star wars would be a lot different if he was!

Yeah, it's much more palatable to have a little girl-on-girl twin action, then brother/sister twin action.

Wait a minute . . .

Nopers, much more palatable. :jawdrop:
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
More likely, she-Luke would end up rescuing a Prince of Alderaan from the Death Star!Rolleyes

Coconut Ent Wrote:More likely, she-Luke would end up rescuing a Prince of Alderaan from the Death Star!Rolleyes

I prefer my version of events. :dude:

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Who knows maybe ten years from now or after Lucas passes on to the next phase of the Force, whoever owns the rights might sell them to Psy-lye channel aka The Sci-Fi channel where they will change Luke and Han to be female and have Leia be a prince and it would become more gritty and realistic and become a fantastic series aka Battlestar Galactica. (Now that's not a shot at the show itself as I do watch it and am a fan of both the original and the psylye version).
I can imagine quite a bit.
RobRoy Wrote:I prefer my version of events. :dude:

Uh huh.... especially since with Han tagging along. I mean, you can't expect him to fall for a Prince of Alderaan! :roll:

Wait, there's the she-Luke... he'll fall for farm-girl she-Luke, you think? :dude:

Coconut Ent Wrote:Uh huh.... especially since with Han tagging along. I mean, you can't expect him to fall for a Prince of Alderaan! :roll:

Han is sometimes a girl's name. One of my wife's friends is named Han, and she's a lovely girl . . . so now I'm thinking all-girl cast. :drool:

Quote:Wait, there's the she-Luke... he'll fall for farm-girl she-Luke, you think? :dude:

That makes some of the dialogue of the movies sound interesting!

Not to mention Lando trying to hit on girl-Luke! :bg:

I think the Prince of Alderaan would be feeling a bit neglected.

Coconut Ent Wrote:Not to mention Lando trying to hit on girl-Luke! :bg:

Luke, you truly belong with us among the clouds!

Nice!

Thanks for that image RobRoy.
I can imagine quite a bit.
Han Solo Wrote:Thanks for that image RobRoy.

Hey, we're still talking Iowa farm-girl type here. I'm picturing something like Maryann from Gilligan's Island in pigtails and gingham! :bounce:

Lando: Will you join me for a little . . . refreshment? <wink, wink, nudge, nudge>
Luke: I've got a bad feeling about this.
Lando: Trust me!

Yeah, it just goes downhill from there.

that could work really well actually........but rework the characters a little-bit:

Princess Leia becomes a more hard bitten Prince and veteran of the rebellion against the Empire. Give him a couple scars and some major PTSD from being tortured on the Death Star. Charismatic leader, brilliant organizer, and passionatley dedicated to the cause of bringing down the Emperor. Give him a dark streak, make the threat of Vader turning him to the dark-side very real, that is if Vader finds out Luke has a twin brother.

Make Han a really good looking woman, but athletic(Chewy provides the muscle). Pragmatic, good-natured, with a wicked wit and sense of humor. Play up on the realtionship she has with the Prince, complimentary opposites.

The Iowa farm-girl Luke is brilliant......wide-eyed, idealistic, gear head to the core. Find a physically small actress to play her, contrast her with a hulking massive Vader in the duels; the finess of the light side verses the brutality of the dark side.
Prince Leia: "Why you stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf herder!"

Girl-Han : *Punches Prince Leia* Who's scruffy-lookin'?

LOL!

Welp, I saw "Force Awakens".

Basically the protagonist is girl-Luke. :halo:

Yep, pretty much. What did you think of it otherwise?
I liked it but I'm having trouble remembering the names of characters. The names were maybe too ordinary, unlike say, Skywalker and Darklighter, Solo and Organa and Ackbar.

Also, the girl-on-girl action Robroy thinks might happen with a girl-Luke in the films didn't happen.

(Just kidding. Although the renegade stormtrooper Whatsisname with the girl-Luke does seem to echo Lando flirting with girl-Luke as speculated.)

You can tell I'm having trouble with the names. Snoke? And the dark lord who's the master of the Knights of What? Maybe they're just overshadowed by the more flashy and renowned names.

OK. Just keep the text GP rated now..... So speaks the Moderator.

But 35 years ago, there weren't many "girl" heros in the movies, and few in the books. ... So speaks the SF historian.-----

The original STAR WARS was billed as an adventure movie... that almost didn't see it to the big screen. Adventure movies were directed to teenage boys.

Now 35 years later. My favorite character in the new movie is Leah. That gal is worthy to be a General!
A big YOU GO GIRL! goes out to Carrie Fischer.

As for names.... Rey, Ren and Fin ? even I can remember those. The pilot with the 'skills' was Pol?
Irene
Coconut Ent Wrote:You can tell I'm having trouble with the names. Snoke? And the dark lord who's the master of the Knights of What? Maybe they're just overshadowed by the more flashy and renowned names.

I missed the Lucas touch with the names, too. Somehow Rey, Finn, and Poe just don't seem like "Star Wars" names, but that's a nitpick, I suppose.
I'm kind of enjoying the fanart parodies. Hux-slash-Kylo tends to be quite funny.

[Image: CXz6FopUMAAdEaG.png]

Another trope is Phasma the Stormtrooper Mom, looking out for her trooper boys if Kylo starts bullying them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]316[/ATTACH]
[Image: tumblr_inline_o0wuf5m5cY1sijgt1_540.jpg]

Attached Files Image(s)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just saw Rise of Skywalker Coconut Ent 1 336 December 27th, 2019, 12:26 PM
Last Post: Irene
  Can Skywalker defeat Captain America? badlands 1 209 June 28th, 2018, 04:56 PM
Last Post: august
  Video: Star Wars 8 Trailer "Kylo Failed Luke" FilmGuy 0 160 November 17th, 2017, 06:44 PM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  Was Yoda serious when he said Luke was too old? Han Solo 22 2,684 November 28th, 2007, 01:24 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  If Leia could sense, why couldn't Luke? Pechark 10 706 April 6th, 2006, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Han Solo
  Luke's face in Vader's mask hobojesus 11 1,033 January 31st, 2006, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Boba,Obi Wan,Jango
  Luke on Dagobah Saber 9 590 December 19th, 2005, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Saber
  Luke and the New "Jedi" Order Darth Crusea 7 615 August 9th, 2005, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Coconut ice cream
  about Luke and Leia Mara Jade Skywalker 1 376 July 12th, 2005, 12:15 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  Was Luke ever a Jedi Bungarian 48 2,741 July 11th, 2005, 06:20 PM
Last Post: patomon5