Battle Meditation
Lately i've been playing "The Knights Of The Old Republic".And in it they say that Bastilla stopped Revan and Malak by battle medditation.Does anybody know what battle medditation is?:help:
In the context of the game, I don't know but in the movies it's like Qui-Gon meditating while the energy shield was up during his fight with Darth Maul.
I can imagine quite a bit.
Han Solo Wrote:In the context of the game, I don't know but in the movies it's like Qui-Gon meditating while the energy shield was up during his fight with Darth Maul.

I would guess that this was a practice employed by Jedi during battle in order to maintain their calm. In battle it is all to easy to let anger and fear drive your adrenaline, and thus your strength, which is exactly the kind of trap a Jedi would be trained against falling into.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Battle Meditation was first mentioned in Dark Empire II. Details are a bit vague, but seems to enable Jedi to completely coordinate attacks with other Jedi.

Rarely used, strangely enough for such a potent technique.
:deadhorse:
"A Iluvatarinya! En na pelecco carinyesse!"
"Oh my God! There's an axe in my head!" :worry:

http://www.yamara.com/axe/#Q1
Coconut Ent Wrote:Battle Meditation was first mentioned in Dark Empire II. Details are a bit vague, but seems to enable Jedi to completely coordinate attacks with other Jedi.

Rarely used, strangely enough for such a potent technique.

Perhaps it requires too much concentration, too much focus inward, and not enough outward, which would leave a Jedi open to physical attack?

I've always held that a duel between two Force users was likely fought on several levels, with only the most basic being the physical, while trying to trip, push, choke, etc. would have to be countered constantly.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
But if it's a technique to "cool" ones self down, then how can it be used as a weapon?
Evil will always triumph because good is dumb:wicked:.
Gollum wannabe Wrote:But if it's a technique to "cool" ones self down, then how can it be used as a weapon?

Perhaps it projects calm around the Jedi which would counter a Sith's power. Make them regret all the pain and want to seek out a therapist? :help:

So they were trying to make the sith regret thier evil actions and turn to the good side?
Gollum wannabe Wrote:So they were trying to make the sith regret thier evil actions and turn to the good side?

Could be, but not what I was suggesting. Giving insight into "evil actions" would cause anyone to pause a moment. In a duel, that pause could be crucial to the outcome.

Oh, so they were trying to stop them and make them pause, just long enough to finish them?
Gollum wannabe Wrote:Oh, so they were trying to stop them and make them pause, just long enough to finish them?

A distraction, yes. Like throwing sand, or manuevering them into the sun, or shooting a blaster in their favorite left leg. :bg: All nice distractions that can win a duel.

Sounds like cheating to me.
Gollum wannabe Wrote:Sounds like cheating to me.

I guess that depends on whose side you're on and what outcome you'd prefer. Feints are a part of fencing, as is footwork and some clever wrist techniques. If you consider the art as a whole, it's all cheating. You're using the advantage of reach and a sharp peice of metal to defeat or kill your opponent.

It's interesting to note that "bad guys" who throw sand or pull a hidden blade, or fling someone over a wall are considered to have cheated. A "good guy" who does the same thing is just being clever. <shrug>

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  100+ Star Wars fan stage massive lightsaber battle in the UK! august 1 963 February 20th, 2010, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Han Solo
  which sith do yout hink has the best battle style? Jar Jar Binks 28 2,201 March 24th, 2006, 07:35 PM
Last Post: Scoundrel
  Best Battle style and why? Jar Jar Binks 18 1,458 February 1st, 2006, 03:18 PM
Last Post: Pechark
  Which battle was your favourite? Mara Jade Skywalker 19 1,741 December 23rd, 2005, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Jar Jar Binks
  Battle Droids-Really that thick? Pechark 12 934 December 13th, 2005, 05:16 PM
Last Post: Boba,Obi Wan,Jango
  Did Palpatine use battle meditation? Bungarian 5 1,142 August 20th, 2005, 01:31 AM
Last Post: bluejedi89
  The Tactics at the Battle of Geonosis Boba,Obi Wan,Jango 19 2,392 July 29th, 2005, 11:10 PM
Last Post: mybookiethewookie
  Battle Droid Command Structure Darth Penguin 6 696 June 11th, 2005, 01:52 AM
Last Post: arm
  Who were you in the battle of Geonosis? The Knight of Avalon 3 558 May 12th, 2004, 10:33 PM
Last Post: Stripe