Lucas authorizes sound effects for "Fanboys" movie
Chris Marquette, who co-stars in the upcoming Star Wars-themed comedy Fanboys, told SCI FI Wire that the movie has been delayed to add a cameo with Kevin Smith and sound effects from the Star Wars films, which were authorized by George Lucas himself after he saw an early cut and approved. The homage to Star Wars fans now has an Aug. 17 release date.

"They showed it to so many people involved in Star Wars that we've gone back several times with additional scenes," Marquette said in an interview while promoting his latest film, The Invisible. "Like, Kevin Smith had seen it, and [he] came in and was like, 'Oh, man. I love it.' So they let him write and direct one of his own scenes in it. So they added that in." Smith is a well-known fan of Star Wars, having included allusions to the franchise in his films for years.

Read the full article here:
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php...0&id=41158
I saw this tidbit also. I don't know if I'll watch it at theater.
I can imagine quite a bit.
Han Solo Wrote:I saw this tidbit also. I don't know if I'll watch it at theater.

It sounds like Free Enterprise a similarly fanboy-themed movie. That was focused on Star Trek though. Sounds like fun, but it might be more of a renter than a movie-theater audience.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
I finally watched Fanboys last night. I'd say it's worth a look if you're a fan of Star Wars or sci fi in general. It's short enough that it doesn't outstay it's welcome, and has several amusing cameo appearances.
Boomstick Wrote:I finally watched Fanboys last night. I'd say it's worth a look if you're a fan of Star Wars or sci fi in general. It's short enough that it doesn't outstay it's welcome, and has several amusing cameo appearances.

A co-worker of mine highly recommended it.
I can imagine quite a bit.
Han Solo Wrote:A co-worker of mine highly recommended it.

I got motivated to see it after friends and co-workers recommended it, too. It's got plenty of the toilet humor you'd expect from a movie about teenagers/young adults, but there's plenty of funny geek moments, and actually a "serious" subplot, too. All in all it's pretty solid, and at 90 minutes runtime, it's short and sweet.
I'll have to remember to add this to my Netflix queue. My new office has the site blocked for whatever silly reason.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Nice. we control the vertical...we control the horizontal..we control the internet... :bg:
Boomstick Wrote:Nice. we control the vertical...we control the horizontal..we control the internet... :bg:

LOL.

I'm actually pretty certain it's so folk don't watch movies and suck up the bandwidth, which wasn't a problem at my last office, since technically we were in Canada (our server was, anyhow) and Netflix wouldn't allow the watching of films.

We do, however, get youtube, and I love to stream playlists. I'm currently hooked on Imogen Heap after hearing her interview on NPR!

I do control the Internet in my day job. But I've never found time to watch this movie.
I saw Fanboys. I thought it was really funny, and a bit touching at the end. I definitely recommend checking it out if you haven't.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Polygon Pieces Together How Lucas Would Have Done the Final Trilogy Michael 0 819 December 11th, 2019, 12:55 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Chewbacca movie badlands 2 683 June 2nd, 2018, 05:52 PM
Last Post: august
  Video: Trailer for "Solo: A Star Wars Movie" FilmGuy 1 563 May 24th, 2018, 12:35 AM
Last Post: badlands
  Hans Solo to get his own movie? badlands 4 661 June 28th, 2017, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Ingvanye
  Biography of George Lucas Michael 0 468 January 10th, 2017, 02:02 PM
  Video: ROGUE ONE LEAKED TRAILER 2 Breakdown! Darth Vader Revealed! A Star Wars Story Movie FilmGuy 0 477 July 17th, 2016, 03:38 PM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  George Lucas comments on criticism Boomstick 9 1,197 November 24th, 2015, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Boycott on new Star Wars movie badlands 3 880 November 17th, 2015, 01:41 PM
  New Lucas movie: Strange Magic badlands 3 643 January 28th, 2015, 11:49 AM
Last Post: august
  The new Star Wars Movie badlands 3 771 June 8th, 2014, 07:15 PM