Farscape Podcast
Hey everyone,

Someone on one of the DragonCon Yahoo Groups recommended this site for some good SciFi discussions.

I was a little disappointed to not see much going on here on the Farscape forum lately but I guess that's to be expected.

However, if you need your Farscape fix be sure to check out "The ScapeCast" which is a podcast all about Farscape. The link is in my signature below.

You can listen to the podcast right from your computer or any MP3 player.

Enjoy,

Kevin
Fan of the Syfy channel's original movies?
Saturday B Movie Reel - http://www.saturdaybmoviereel.com
Hiya, kbachelder! :wave:

Welcome to SFF. Things are pretty quiet in here now, but I hope you look around and maybe add some comments in some of the threads. It`s always nice to hear from new people. Have you been a Scaper long? Since the beginning? Just discovered it recently? I`m personally interested in finding out how people who`ve discovered it after the cancellation came to know about it. Word of mouth, stumbled on it in syndication in spite of the horrendous hours they choose to air it, saw the DVDs and took a chance on it, etc.

Thanks for the podcast link. Hope to see some comments in the discussion threads. Smile
Hope, D`Argo.... I have HOPE. John

Too many stories are nothing more than connected vignettes of codified symbols used to tell the audience where the plot currently stands like some sort of checklist Mirage
Bern Wrote:Hiya, kbachelder! :wave:

Welcome to SFF. Things are pretty quiet in here now, but I hope you look around and maybe add some comments in some of the threads. It`s always nice to hear from new people. Have you been a Scaper long? Since the beginning? Just discovered it recently? I`m personally interested in finding out how people who`ve discovered it after the cancellation came to know about it. Word of mouth, stumbled on it in syndication in spite of the horrendous hours they choose to air it, saw the DVDs and took a chance on it, etc.

Thanks for the podcast link. Hope to see some comments in the discussion threads. Smile

Thanks very much for the welcome message. Now that I know about these forums you can be sure I won't be bashful. It just may take a day or two to reply with all my other SciFi and podcasting activities. After all I do need to spend some time in the real world. Wink

I found Farscape on DVD through a good friend who recommended it to me. It was just over a year ago that I started watching and I enjoyed it so much I helped to create 'The ScapeCast' podcast with several other long time scapers. You can actually hear more about my journey through the series by listening to the early episodes of the podcast since I discussed my progress as part of the shows. I think it took me about five months to watch the entire series.

I attended the official Farscape con in Burbank, CA last fall and that was a real blast. My co-host on the podcast Lindy and I got to record some interviews for the podcast with Paul Goddard, Raelee Hill and even Ben Browder. That was quite a treat.

We even did a LIVE podcast as part of the official con activities and Anthony Simcoe and Wayne Pygram stopped by for some really brief interviews during that show.

Kevin
kbachelder Wrote:Thanks very much for the welcome message. Now that I know about these forums you can be sure I won't be bashful. It just may take a day or two to reply with all my other SciFi and podcasting activities. After all I do need to spend some time in the real world. Wink
Yeah, RL can be a real pain in the eema sometimes.

Quote:I found Farscape on DVD through a good friend who recommended it to me. It was just over a year ago that I started watching and I enjoyed it so much I helped to create 'The ScapeCast' podcast with several other long time scapers. You can actually hear more about my journey through the series by listening to the early episodes of the podcast since I discussed my progress as part of the shows. I think it took me about five months to watch the entire series.
Wow! Love hearing that. It means there will always be new people discovering it. I did check out your place and I`m even more impressed that you only discovered Farscape so recently and are so active in related projects. Want to check it out more when I have more time.

Quote:I attended the official Farscape con in Burbank, CA last fall and that was a real blast. My co-host on the podcast Lindy and I got to record some interviews for the podcast with Paul Goddard, Raelee Hill and even Ben Browder. That was quite a treat.

We even did a LIVE podcast as part of the official con activities and Anthony Simcoe and Wayne Pygram stopped by for some really brief interviews during that show.

Kevin
Color me jealous. I`m on the East Coast so no Burbank for me unless I hit the lottery or something. Did get to one up at the Meadowlands a couple of years back, was great, but who knows when or if there`ll be another around here.
Hope, D`Argo.... I have HOPE. John

Too many stories are nothing more than connected vignettes of codified symbols used to tell the audience where the plot currently stands like some sort of checklist Mirage
Bern Wrote:Color me jealous. I`m on the East Coast so no Burbank for me unless I hit the lottery or something. Did get to one up at the
Meadowlands
a couple of years back, was great, but who knows when or if there`ll be another around here.

They are billing this years official con as the "final" con. Obviously the attendance has been going down over the years so it now mainly the really big fans who still come. I think there were a few hundred people there last year which just makes it that much more intimate for those who can make it. I'm hoping they're able to get Claudia this year since she was about the only main cast member who wasn't there last year.

Kevin
I think there has been more than one "final" Xena convention. They'll keep doing them as long as they think they can make a little money on the venture, but at least the fans get to see the stars again.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Farscape mesa 3 852 September 5th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Scifi podcast seeking top genre shows of all time Michael 1 1,052 November 26th, 2010, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Bern
  Farscape's 11th Birthday! Boomstick 8 1,079 May 23rd, 2010, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Emeraldcity
  Farscape: Complete Series DVD Under $60 Boomstick 25 2,227 January 11th, 2010, 02:49 AM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Farscape badlands 2 843 September 12th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Farscape at Comic Con: Browder, Black, O'Bannon & Henson Boomstick 0 809 July 11th, 2009, 06:42 PM
  Farscape: Rockne O'Bannon on BOOM!'s "Farscape" Comics Michael 19 1,633 December 31st, 2008, 11:51 PM
  Sci Fi brings back Farscape Boomstick 8 2,172 March 19th, 2008, 11:35 PM
  Farscape Released On iTunes Han Solo 0 896 January 29th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Last Post: Han Solo
  Final ep podcast - how they came up with the final four dgroove 6 1,581 April 26th, 2007, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Josh Baltar