Potter star refuses to sign up for final films
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
I would take this news with a colossal grain of salt. This article and others like it have been circulating on the IMDB.com HP boards for awhile now, and many of the posters there have debunked it because the original article came from a tabloid. There is an article here and one here on the Leaky Cauldron that refute the claim she is not returning. Watson just hasn't signed her new contract yet (technically the only one who has signed on is Daniel Radcliffe).
Niphredil Wrote:I would take this news with a colossal grain of salt. This article and others like it have been circulating on the IMDB.com HP boards for awhile now, and many of the posters there have debunked it because the original article came from a tabloid. There is an article here and one here on the Leaky Cauldron that refute the claim she is not returning. Watson just hasn't signed her new contract yet (technically the only one who has signed on is Daniel Radcliffe).

Have to say, that's a relief. I've enjoyed Emma Watson's portrayal of Hermione from the word go, and I'd rather think she would finish the project out than want to move on early. I understand that desire, as we discussed in another un-mentionable thread, but doesn't change my opinion.

So, big "shew" on that one!
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
From what I've heard from Brit friends, take just about anything you read (as far as entertainment rumors) in the Guardian with a huge grain of salt. LOL
I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult. -Rita Rudner
They did report this on CNN in the last couple days, the rumor she wouldn't sign on and the studio's insistance that she eventually would;

May I say, having some rumor or other 'news' item about the HP franchise popping up is a good marketing strategy.

We've recently heard that the male lead did sign on; the news about the stage role he accepted; the length of the last book; the date of release of the last book; the number of deaths in the last book; that the last book would be printed on re-cycled paper, yada yada yada.

HP makes the news, fans are kept strung along. "Truth" isn't the issue. Keeping up interest and anticipation is the issue.
A new article from http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org has confirmed today that Daniel Radcliffe (whom we already knew about), Rupert Grint, and Emma Watson have all signed on for the final two films in the WB adaptation of the HP films!

Emma Watson had this to say: "I could never let Hermione go--she is my hero! I love her too much and love what playing her has meant to me. I am excited and honoured to be finishing what I started and playing her in all seven films."

Guess that'll put the "Emma isn't coming back" rumors to rest.

Click here to the read the article in full.

:bounce:
I think we all need to really question the Guardian from now on. Smile
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Niphredil Wrote:A new article from http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org has confirmed today that Daniel Radcliffe (whom we already knew about), Rupert Grint, and Emma Watson have all signed on for the final two films in the WB adaptation of the HP films!

Emma Watson had this to say: "I could never let Hermione go--she is my hero! I love her too much and love what playing her has meant to me. I am excited and honoured to be finishing what I started and playing her in all seven films."

Guess that'll put the "Emma isn't coming back" rumors to rest.

Click here to the read the article in full.

:bounce:

Thank you, Niphredil!

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harry Potter vs Encanto badlands 3 294 March 2nd, 2022, 01:06 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Harry Potter exhibit badlands 0 212 February 20th, 2022, 09:43 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Slavery in Harry Potter badlands 1 296 February 7th, 2022, 09:33 PM
  Is Harry Potter really Moaning Myrtle? badlands 3 282 February 6th, 2022, 04:12 AM
  Harry Potter game badlands 2 959 March 14th, 2021, 11:18 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Harry Potter bar badlands 3 614 February 5th, 2021, 03:59 PM
  HBO Harry Potter reboot badlands 1 496 January 31st, 2021, 12:24 PM
  Did Hogwarts' elves a better life after the final battle? karise_ravenclaw 3 640 August 3rd, 2020, 05:22 PM
  Harry Potter theories badlands 10 1,293 November 5th, 2018, 12:17 PM
Last Post: august
  Did Harry Potter die? badlands 3 723 November 5th, 2018, 12:12 PM
Last Post: august